The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T5 Trooper sliding door card wet ? leak

3 posters

Go down

T5 Trooper sliding door card wet ? leak Empty T5 Trooper sliding door card wet ? leak

Post by NewCamper Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Hi
Anyone with knowledge of a T5 Trooper - over the past few weeks I have noticed the material on the sliding door card is very wet. It is worse at the bottom. Could this be a leak from the door seal? I can unscrew the card and have a look behind but just wondered if there are any common issues that anyone else has had.
Thank you in advance.
Sophie
NewCamper
NewCamper

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

T5 Trooper sliding door card wet ? leak Empty Re: T5 Trooper sliding door card wet ? leak

Post by Roopert Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:32 pm

I can (almost) guarantee that the leak will due to the sliding window (assuming you have one - but I think all A/S models did).

Next time it rains, have a close look at the black plastic trim under the sliding window, and see if there is water tracking from it down onto the door card.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Vehicle Year : 2005

frederic and NewCamper like this post

Back to top Go down

T5 Trooper sliding door card wet ? leak Empty Trooper window leak

Post by T25Pete Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:18 am

I have heard that the VW sliding windows are prone to leaks, especially if the drain slots get blocked, its worth making sure that they are clear as a first step. My 2014 Trooper has different window which seem better but a 2005 Caravelle that we had did have blocked drains. 
There are plenty of YouTube videos showing where the drain hole is and the best ways to clear it. 
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 66
Vehicle Year : 2014

NewCamper likes this post

Back to top Go down