The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o

5 posters

Go down

Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o  Empty Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o

Post by Hutchie Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:02 pm

Could anyone please advise me of how to solve a problem with my motorhome water heater?
The unit is a Ultra store model 103. When this is switched on the green light comes on followed by a click and the sound of gas igniting, then after a couple of seconds I hear another click the gas cuts out and the red failure indicator light comes on. I have checked that the exterior cover is off, connected a new gas bottle and checked that the red interior gas valve is open and that the cooker burners all run on full heat.
Hutchie
Hutchie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza.
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o  Empty Re: Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o

Post by Peter Brown Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:39 pm

I would guess that the flame detector thermistor or its control circuit is faulty.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Hutchie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o  Empty Re: Problem getting my truma ultrastore to run o

Post by Hutchie Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:26 pm

read
Hi Peter, thanks for a prompt reply. It does look that way, I have tried a few things but I looks like A boiler out job, Not the easiest of jobs on a Rienza as the boiler is located at the bottom of the wardrobe behind the gas fire, the most inaccessible place in any motorhome. The only good thing is that the van is laid up for winter so I have plenty of time to do it.
Hutchie
Hutchie

Male

Hutchie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Appretice Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Hello Hutchie
I've had a similar problem with the Truma Ultrastore in my Bourton.
You don't say anything in your posting about a fault code showing on the Truma panel. There's been lots of correspondence about such problems on this site in the past and I've taken advice successfully from that.
First let us know if you have a fault code and what it is. Someone will surely point you in the right direction.
Appretice
Appretice

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Hutchie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:55 pm

The Bourton has a Truma Combi, not an ultastore.  Completely different animal.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Hutchie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Appretice Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:58 pm

Doh!
Thanks for putting me right. I still hope to see a resolution here.
Appretice
Appretice

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Hutchie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:06 pm

I havnt had the problem with our water heater but taking the wardrobe floor out to sort the pump didn’t seem to bad from memory. I think once the screws are out along the sides it can be lifted out. The hole in the back corner above the charger makes a good hand hold. Good luck with your repairs.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Hutchie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchie Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:49 pm

Many thanks to one and all for all suggestions. As mentioned in my original post the problem I was having is that the Gas on my Truma Ultrastore refuses to stay alight. The outer cover is missing, the water tank is full, the gas bottle in new, the hob burners all burn full flame with no reduced flame when the boiler fires up, the manifold valve is open and it has 14Volts going into the PCB. I found that the  flame recognition probe had a crack along its entire length and replaced it with a new one, but still no joy. The next thing to test is the PCB. This can be done by sending it to a company  A&R Developments Ltd in Cannock if this comes back with a report that they cannot find any faults I will be truly stumped.
Hutchie
Hutchie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchie Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Managed to get back to my Rienza Hot water system yesterday. The PCB board was posted back to me within 3days , fault found, repaired and tested. After 2 or 3 attempts the boiler fired up and is now working fine.
Hutchie
Hutchie

Male

Peter Brown and gassygassy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:29 pm

Glad you have your hot water problems sorted.I have memories of our tent and trailer tent days with the kids. The site showers were a long walk in the rain so it was a stand up bath in a bowl for the kids. That’s maybe why management demanded a van with hot water on tap.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:22 am

Dave 418 wrote:Glad you have your hot water problems sorted.I have memories of our tent and trailer tent days with the kids. The site showers were a long walk in the rain so it was a stand up bath in a bowl for the kids. That’s maybe why management demanded a van with hot water on tap.
I'm glad Hutchie got his boiler sorted.
'Hot water on tap' reminds me of the countless (usually German) motorhomes where when you turn on the hot water tap in the washroom, the water runs straight down the drain. The wash basins have 3 sides, and the water runs straight away down the drain. They don't have a drain plug. I have no idea where they think their hot water comes from - straight out of the Hot Water Tap at their pitch, I suppose. I have on a couple of occasions got seriously interested in buying a new motorhome until I saw that type of basin and asked the salesman where the constant unlimited hot water supply comes from, and where do you expect me to run the drain hose, and where is the mains gas supply on the pitch? Then I walk away.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down