The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinum Water Pump

4 posters

Go down

Corinum Water Pump Empty Corinum Water Pump

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:43 pm

Our naibors have a Corinium with an in tank water pump that has been failing intermittently so he wants to swap to a Sureflow pump and has asked for my help.
I know how what has to be fitted wiring and pipe wise but has anyone done this on a Corinium or can advise were the pipe work comes in from the tank.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Corinum Water Pump Empty Re: Corinum Water Pump

Post by Paulmold Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:33 pm

There's a Factsheet on fitting in a Nuevo if that helps.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:36 pm

I have been reading the posts about fitting the pump so don’t see any problems and no doubt it will be apparent once we have had a look at the layout inside. It looks like a fixed bed so hopefully finding the pressure switch will be a start point, maybe under a side bench.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowwolf Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:24 am

All I would say, do not rely on jubilee clips as a fixing, use threaded and or push fit fittings
Snowwolf
Snowwolf

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:00 am

I have had dealings with plastic pipes on air systems and push on fittings. Our naibor is rather fussy about the way things are done so it have to look neat and tidy so there wont be any jubilee clips. The wiring joints will have heat shrink on them. 
When he first mentioned the problems with the pump he said the Sureflow pump might be too noisy and he would rather have the tank dropped and the pump replaced as origional. I agree that our pump is a bit noisy benig on the shower wall but we have got used to it. He could always box it in I suppose.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:28 pm

I have had a look at the pipe work on the Corinum. It is not easy to understand but I have found the inlet to the pressure switch but before we cut pipes I wanted to find a 12 volt supply for the new pump.
The pressure switch has two wires on it so I assumed I could use this as a supply and earth. Checking with a multimeter there is nothing with the pump switched on at the control panel. Now I wonder if this is anything linked to the pump not working. scratch head
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:03 pm

Snowwolf wrote:All I would say, do not rely on jubilee clips as a fixing, use threaded and or push fit fittings

Whoops….haven’t had any issues with the jubilee clips though smile!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Dbvwt on Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:59 pm

Thinking back to what we found this afternoon. The o/s under seat locker has a box conduit that runs along the floor towards the kitchen area. I am wondering if the wiring for the pump is in that conduit and is it possible that it goes through the floor in the bottom of the wardrobe.
If I can find what colour the wires should be I could check the feed to the pump. The wiring diagram in the hand book is next to useless but I will re read the posts about fitting a Surflow again.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowwolf Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:54 am

If you are happy with using jubilee clips, that’s all that matters :-)
Dbvwt wrote:

Whoops….haven’t had any issues with the jubilee clips though smile!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Snowwolf
Snowwolf

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:13 pm

My naibor has been in touch with me today regarding the water pump. He has bought a pump, pressure vessel, pipe and a selection of fittings. I will go along with his plans to fit the sureflow pump but I did say we need to prove the fault is the pump in the tank first.
He thinks the feed pipe from the tank crosses the floor underneath and along the n/s before coming through the floor at the foot of the bed next to the heater. It could be a challenge tapping into the pipe but anything is doable with a bit of thinking. scratch head
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:43 pm

The water pump saga has been resolved and the Sureflow pump is fitted and working. The oringional wiring and pipe come through the floor under the cooker behind a blanking panel.
We fitted the pump and accumulator in the o/s under bench locker after extending the pipe through the cupboards. The wiring diagram in the handbook said the feed for the pump in the tank should be blue with a green trace but it was green with a blue trace.The original pressure switch is still fitted and there’s no problem with water supply to the taps in the washroom at the back.
We put the inserts in the pipe ends for the new pipes but the pipe fitted originally is a different internal size so the inserts wouldn’t fit even after warming the pipe. There were no leaks so that was ok.
Not a bad job in the end. The hardest part was tracing the pipes and wiring. Not helped by the wrong information in the handbook. Autosleeper go to the trouble of giving you a wiring diagram but it’s a waste of time if it’s incorrect. shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Stewart John likes this post

Back to top Go down