The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hartal central locking motor for hab door

2 posters

Go down

Hartal central locking motor for hab door Empty Hartal central locking motor for hab door

Post by Bill P Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:26 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting so I'll say sorry now if I'm doing it or in the wrong place.
I have a fiat Ducato with an Ace body, I am having trouble with the habitation door central locking not locking or unlocking, I've taken the cover off the door and had a look at the motor which is a Hartal 5 wire motor, the problem I have is I don't know which wires do what so can't check to see if motor works or not, I know you have a earth then 2 live wires one for locking door and one for unlocking door but then the other 2 are to do with the alarm system, does anyone have a diagram of the wiring for this door motor as I don't want to put a live contact to the wrong wire and end up screwing the alarm [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm going to try and include a picture.
Bill P
Bill P

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fiat Ducato, Ace
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Hartal central locking motor for hab door Empty Re: Hartal central locking motor for hab door

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:32 pm

First thing to say is that this forum is for owners of Auto-Sleeper brand of motorhomes so you might not get much help with your Ace. Having said that some Auto-Sleeper models do use Hartel doors so parts may be common to both brands, so someone may be able to help you.
Congratulations on posting a photo, many members have difficulty with photo even after a couple of years of membership.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Hartal central locking motor for hab door Empty Re: Hartal central locking motor for hab door

Post by Bill P Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:06 pm

Hi Paul thanks for your reply, sorry about wrong place to post I did say I'm new to this, this my first MH, had it about 11 months so a big learning curve, so what the difference between a MH and an auto sleeper just so I don't make the same mistake again. LOL allthumbz

Ps might know much about MH's (yet) but know a bit about computers and web sites (picture)
Bill P
Bill P

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:08 pm

Auto-sleeper is a brand just as Ace or Swift or Autotrail is a brand.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill P Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:21 pm

Ok understand, thank you. so I take it then that this site is mainly to do with people that own Auto sleepers or are there sections that deal with other makes of MH's.
Bill P
Bill P

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:40 pm

Bill P wrote:Ok understand, thank you. so I take it then that this site is mainly to do with people that own Auto sleepers or are there sections that deal with other makes of MH's.
Correct, but we don't have sections for other brands. Maybe Ace owners have a forum or Facebook group , if not there are multi-make forums such as MotorhomeFun and plenty of Facebook groups such as Motorhomemadness.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down