The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been chucked out of CAMC facebook group

+10
Paulmold
Peatlander 2
FreelanderUK
Askit
Tinwheeler
groundhog
IanH
Cymro
bikeralw
Bilbobaggins
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Been chucked out of CAMC facebook group  - Page 2 Empty Re: Been chucked out of CAMC facebook group

Post by IanH Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:19 pm

Simplicity is all up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Been chucked out of CAMC facebook group  - Page 2 Empty What your new car might know about you!

Post by andyh Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:33 am

groundhog wrote:On being watched, I am not too worried as I have nothing to hide but one thing that does concern me is the way modern vehicles have tracking built in. The command system in mine knows where I am and if I have an accident will message me and if I didn't respond call the emergency services. Know doubt a similar system exists on most of our vans. Great, but, if this can be hacked anyone would know your van is travelling around France, where it normally lives and chances are the house will be ripe for burglary.

Give me simple please.
"According to Mozilla research, popular global brands — including BMW, Ford, Toyota, Tesla, Kia, and Subaru — can collect deeply personal data such as sexual activity, immigration status, race, facial expressions, weight, health and genetic information, and where you drive. Researchers found data is being gathered by sensors, microphones, cameras, and the phones and devices drivers connect to their cars, as well as by car apps, company websites, dealerships, and vehicle telematics. Brands can then share or sell this data to third parties. Car brands can also take much of this data and use it to develop inferences about a driver’s intelligence, abilities, characteristics, preferences, and more."
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/blog/privacy-nightmare-on-wheels-every-car-brand-reviewed-by-mozilla-including-ford-volkswagen-and-toyota-flunks-privacy-test/
Gulp!
andyh
andyh

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Been chucked out of CAMC facebook group  - Page 2 Empty Re: Been chucked out of CAMC facebook group

Post by Dave Gee Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:22 am

Just read that report and it is actually frightening.  Not too sure how they can read facial expressions unless they have hidden cameras focused into the car but the rest is really concerning.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Monty-Plym likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peatlander 2 Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:09 pm

Facial expressions, probably through the camera on whatever mobile phone the user has jacked into the vehicle. It all adds up I guess.

Peatlander 2
Peatlander 2
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:45 pm

That's tonight's dogging session off then.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Dave Gee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaphead Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:50 pm

I have a smart phone, smart meter, Alexas in every room, smart TV, smart electic car (Kia), ipad, on Facebook.  I am not a criminal, secret agent, public servant, in fact I am retired.  I have nothing to hide and find the thought that the population is being monitored through all these gadgets is a bit unreaistic.  

The majority of personal information is picked up by cookies on phones, laptops, computers and the like and is used for relevant advertising etc.

Dave C.
Slaphead
Slaphead
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Medallion (Merc)
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2