The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re Nuevo 2023 original floor mats

4 posters

Go down

Re Nuevo 2023 original floor mats  Empty Re Nuevo 2023 original floor mats

Post by LobbyLudd Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:23 pm

This may also seem a rather 'cheeky ask' to any kind owner of a similar year and layout of a 2003 Nuevo  (as  per my  intro photo/avatar left)
  (1st  registered Dec 2023  )              If you don't try you never know

I have after weeks of searching come to the conclusion that 'someone' has un-intentionally dispatched them at one time years before even before  pre-covid to the dump. We never found the two piece set very practical being dark navy that showed every piece of grass etc.etc in the summer months useage  as the living area has a really nice woodgrain floor underneath, that in our own experience over more than 18 years owning the van far more  practical (also with a small dog aboard  !)  

Due to the 'inevitable getting older' (and other various  issues I wont bore anyone now with ) here we want to try the  same  carpets for the van .

We only used them a couple of times after aquiring the van for the last 18 years . I seem to recall they were somewhat smaller than the actual measured space  that they fit and the old pop fasteners are still more or less in place .  

A site member last evenin (Friday) has kindly informed in another section on this site that the company Kustom Sport' of Barnsley  were the original makers for Auto Sleepers   and I hope to try contacting them next week and asking if they have a templates available (for a reasonable fee ) of the originals .

I do remember that there was  two pieces One 'L' shape for area from vehicle door (step)  - shower door (angled) - Fridge .  The other was a long simple  rectangle with a hole one end to match the table socket.

The somewhat 'cheeky ask' is to any fellow Nuevo  owner of the era  drinksallround ....  if anyone uses  their carpets regulary would they possibly have any time when aboard the van next to kindly measure the length width etc (I know were the fasteners go as they are in the floor - a local carpet fitter my granson and my daughter know locally has offered to make a set to match the originaal set at a reasonable price . Apparently there is a border gap all around each to make brushing bits from the surface easier

Any further information would be most appreciated as the van is going to be used again soon although mainly for shorter trips .(eventually we may well have to sell it due to further age etc,  (but that is another story )

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Re Nuevo 2023 original floor mats  Empty Re: Re Nuevo 2023 original floor mats

Post by inspiredron Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:18 pm

Heading is confusing! Your profile to the left of your post says that your van is a 2003 model NOT 2023. With that change to the heading and First registered Dec 2003 in the post it all makes more sense!  👍

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:15 am

Why not make paper templates, you can then give these to the carpet fitter

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

LobbyLudd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LobbyLudd Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:01 pm

inspiredron wrote:Heading is confusing! Your profile to the left of your post says that your van is a 2003 model NOT 2023. With that change to the heading and First registered Dec 2003 in the post it all makes more sense!  👍

Apologies  My mistake  Thank You for noticing

Re   Incorrect Heading  in original post  for the heading must be end of day in  'Old Age Brain Fog'   scratch head

This Original Post Should Read  NUEVO 2003 MODEL

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:10 am

You could buy some carpet with a non slip rubber back and cut to size as required.  This is relatively cheap and will allow easy cleaning/removal.  We find the non slip backing works well enough on a hard floor but not on top of another carpet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

LobbyLudd, KennyA and Nue like this post

Back to top Go down