The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auburn Farm Fraisthorpe Beach

3 posters

Go down

Auburn Farm Fraisthorpe Beach Empty Auburn Farm Fraisthorpe Beach

Post by Sally Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:03 pm

Just wondering if anyone has stopped at Auburn Farm Campsite at Fraisthorpe Beach just outside Bridlington. I just wondered how flat the pitches are. I passed it the other day on a visit to the beach, and it looked to be just a field that sloped considerably. But looks can be deceptive, so wondered if anyone had stayed there and could say just how flat it is (or isn’t).

Thanks
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Auburn Farm Fraisthorpe Beach Empty Re: Auburn Farm Fraisthorpe Beach

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:25 am

Hi Sally
Aye, it's a sloping field,not pitched up there myself, however did book Modelman in there years ago and he said they needed levelling blocks. Doesn't seem to put folk off as it's always busy.
Good restaurant there to ,the Cowshed, we have had some nice meals in there when its not so busy, dog friendly.
Watch out for the parking on the beach, it's monitored by number plate recognition, lots have been fined for over staying their time.
Enjoy Fraisthorpe Sally
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:02 am

Glad you are enjoying the east coast Sally.
There was a 'van similar to yours close to us at Moreton-in-Marsh yesterday, with a solo female occupant.
I mentioned to my wife that it could possible be you but I was wary of approaching her myself and my wife wouldn't intervene either. 

To make conversation I occasionally ask if the owner of an A/S uses this excellent forum.
However, one has to be very careful these days.
Just out of interest, do you find you are approached less and less given the current climate Sally?
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:23 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Sally
Aye, it's a sloping field,not pitched up there myself, however did book Modelman in there years ago and he said they needed levelling blocks. Doesn't seem to put folk off as it's always busy.
Good restaurant there to ,the Cowshed, we have had some nice meals in there when its not so busy, dog friendly.
Watch out for the parking on the beach, it's monitored by number plate recognition, lots have been fined for over staying their time.
Enjoy Fraisthorpe Sally
Boaby
Hi Boaby - I think I’ll give it a miss then, I don’t carry or use levellers.

I called in at the beach to give my new puppy a walk; I was in the car and surprisingly there was a man there helping everyone with the ticket machine which really surprised me. It’s a glorious beach, I even saw a seal.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:33 am

nuevoboy wrote:Glad you are enjoying the east coast Sally.
There was a 'van similar to yours close to us at Moreton-in-Marsh yesterday, with a solo female occupant.
I mentioned to my wife that it could possible be you but I was wary of approaching her myself and my wife wouldn't intervene either. 

To make conversation I occasionally ask if the owner of an A/S uses this excellent forum.
However, one has to be very careful these days.
Just out of interest, do you find you are approached less and less given the current climate Sally?
It wasn’t me at Moreton though I wouldn’t have minded if you had come over. But I’m not surprised that there is a general reluctance. I remember when people stood for women on a bus etc. Those days have gone. That, and the increased moaning by certain groups means that people often no longer feel comfortable approaching single women. Or helping them. My friends have noticed it. 

It’s not a huge issue but yes, there’s a different mindset nowadays.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down