The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone

4 posters

Go down

Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone Empty Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone

Post by rogerblack Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:25 am

I can't believe how many drivers I still see using mobile phones whilst driving, particularly lorries and other large vehicles. 

Good to see some getting their just deserts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone Empty Re: Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone

Post by Dave Gee Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:38 am

Pulled up at the lights the other day and a driver was using some social media app, the intelligence (or lack thereof) of some people really beggars belief.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone Empty Re: Police lorry nabs campervan drivers on phone

Post by IanH Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:31 pm

One caused me to swerve quite a lot when riding wife's moped, almost failed to stop at the T junction she was on. Stopped, she's on the phone, small girl in the car, no seatbelts. Stopped the bike right in front of her and told her to get of the phone, she ignored me and carried on yapping on the phone. So I pressed the moped's really annoying horn and kept it pressed, this somewhat pee'd her off a bit. What really pee'd her of was me taking my phone out and taking a pic of her number plate!

Took pic to local Nick, never heard a thing since..............

The last company I was working for, Fugro, didn't allow any phone use in a car at all, even with hands free. Indeed not even the passenger was allowed to either to avoid distracting the driver. up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by orac Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:04 pm

so fumbling for a virtual button on a vehicle touchscreen is somehow different from using a touchscreen on a satnav or phone? How? Not in my book. I do not condone making or in fact responding to telephone calls whilst driving as that does distract the brain (research proven) which does directly affect driving focus. I recall Rover at one time made every knob/switch in the early P6 different in shape to enable the driver to identify by touch and memory thus operate the control without having to look at it (eyes off the road) or fumble around. I recently had occasion to use a new hire car with touch screen. Deadly - unable to find a 'button' without long looks away from the road.
orac
orac

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down