The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal

+3
Cymro
breakaleg
Relaxez-Vous
7 posters

Go down

Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal  Empty Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal

Post by Relaxez-Vous Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:55 pm

This is one of my gripes, in the last 15 years. If you buy something that comes in a small cardboard box, the end tabs now prevented you from easily opening the box without tearing the cardboard. I experienced this twice in the last 24 hours, a box for a TP-Link 2000 mains LAN (recommended to reduce exposure to EMF in the house rather than using 5G WiFi radiation, let's say just EMF for now), and a cardboard box for some eye drops that I am taking.

I either use a knife to defeat their tabs, or use some scissors to modify the tabs which otherwise would prevent me normally opening and closing their small cardboard box and it being torn.

Who was responsible for this change in cardboard packaging construction? I'm open to answers, though I suspect it came from some Eastern country on the other side of the world.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal  Empty Re: Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal

Post by breakaleg Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:20 pm

I take about 20 tablets a day and all the new medication boxes have the end sealed with a plastic tab.

Very difficult to open them with arthritic fingers, understand the reasons for it but it doesn't help.
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal  Empty Re: Not damaging small cardboard boxes to reseal

Post by Cymro Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:20 pm

Yes, they are a bu**er, as are the blister packs, and as are the fact that the same tablet can have different sizes and shapes and even colours depending on manufacturer.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:56 am

And the smaller the pill, it's the beta blocker and water pills i find the hardest to open, it's the thumbs that hurt the most.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peatlander 2 Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:26 pm

breakaleg wrote:I take about 20 tablets a day and all the new medication boxes have the end sealed with a plastic tab.

Very difficult to open them with arthritic fingers, understand the reasons for it but it doesn't help.
Yes! And you can guarantee when you get the end open, it has the leaflet folded over the blister packs. Every. Single. Time. It's a 50/50 chance....bet I wouldn't win a 50/50 competition as easy.
Peatlander 2
Peatlander 2
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Paulmold, Dave Gee, Mike187 and Relaxez-Vous like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:11 pm

My latest prescription is from a different manufacturer. Not only are the boxes a pain to get in to the tablets are a lot smaller.
As others my hands are stiff first thing in the morning making it hard to get the tablets out of the bister pack. I now take them out of the packaging and put them loose in the box I keep the rest of my tablets in.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:05 pm

I transfer my pills into daily dispenser plastic containers similar to the one linked. It gets the struggle of getting them out of the packets over with in one go at a time that suits me. There are dozens of different types available and I like the convenience of just taking one small pot with me if I go out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NN8HDTM?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title&th=1
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:17 pm

I have kept my packets of medication in a take away box for years so it keeps all three boxes together. It’s only the morning one I have loose in the box.
Talking about things I can’t open. Daughter suggested management tries lentil crisps. Thinks me they sound a bit weird but I will try the barbecue ones.
There was no way I could open them at lunch time without resorting to scissors. shrugg . All I can say is she can keep them. Even Lidl cheap crisps are better than these things. Muttly won’t eat them either so that says a lot.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:52 pm

I don't take any tablets but hate opening a small battery pack 😁
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:10 am

I keep mine in the cheap7 day strips and do 4 or 5 weeks worth at a time, this gets the pain over for a month or so, all I have to do now is remember to take them. lol
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down