The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing a VuQube II

2 posters

Go down

Removing a VuQube II Empty Removing a VuQube II

Post by quentinsf Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:20 pm

The collection of our van was delayed by problems getting a headlight unit from France -- don't ask -- but we're finally going to be able to pick up our Symbol Plus on Weds. Hurrah!

I noticed a big dome on the roof, which I gather (after sticking my phone up there on a selfie stick) is a MaxView VuQube II - a satellite dish.  Now, since we watch almost no TV, and certainly not on holiday, and I've never knowingly watched any satellite TV, we wouldn't know what to do with such a thing! :-)

So my instinct was to remove it, because it'll cause more wind resistance, eat up more fuel, it looks a bit ugly... and I'm worried that one day I won't be able to go under a low bridge because of it!  Also, we much more likely to want the roof space for another solar panel, or a canoe or a roof box. I also discovered that these devices can fetch quite decent prices on eBay.

But I thought I'd ask here whether anyone has an idea of how difficult this would be to do?  I gather it might have been installed as part of the Media Pack? Are we likely to be able to get the brackets off reasonably cleanly, remove the sikaflex or whatever holds it in place, strip out the wiring and fill the holes?  Or even just remove it and leave the brackets in place?

Or would we be wiser to leave it where it is, in case the next owner has a use for it, and just avoid really low bridges in the meantime? smile!

Advice welcome! (Or any offers from anyone who would like a used one!)

Quentin
quentinsf
quentinsf

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Removing a VuQube II Empty Re: Removing a VuQube II

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:39 pm

Most have fixing feet stuck to the roof and it should be possible to unfasten from the feet and remove ,leaving the feet in situ just having to blank off or cap the cables

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

quentinsf likes this post

Back to top Go down