The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I expecting too much?

3 posters

Go down

Am I expecting too much? Empty Am I expecting too much?

Post by Askit Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:42 am

I'm not a fan of gratuitously naming companies, my preference is to deal with issues privately, so this is not about Talktalk  Whistle1

I got a nice letter last year from my broadband provider, telling me that the contract for my internet service via the old phone line had expired. Well, I had known it was unwell for several years so it was no surprise it had expired  biggrin  The nice people (that are definitely not Talktalk) followed that up with an email offering me options which included a free upgrade to full fibre via the recently installed cables in our street. This included a new router and a reduction of over a third in the monthly charges, "you don't have to do anything, we'll organise it". Great, where do I sign up. After several months of hearing nothing I phoned the number on the email and got the predictable call centre runaround. Nevertheless, it was organised and the installation went smoothly. 

That was until I got my first two monthly bills, I was being charged for the new service and for the discontinued old one as well  confused0 Back onto the company (that's not Talktalk) to get an explanation and refund. I did this via their Web chat function and, although it took a bit of time, the excess paid will be credited to my account. It was the next bit that surprised me, I was told that it was my responsibility to call their "loyalty team" to cancel my old service.

I did what they asked but is it too much to expect that, when switching broadband contracts with the same company, they would recognise one service replaces another? I'm not confident this has episode has quite concluded yet rolleyes .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

RogerThat and HJA like this post

Back to top Go down

Am I expecting too much? Empty Re: Am I expecting too much?

Post by Boots Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:57 am

Hi Mr 'T',

No you are not expecting too much, but, the days of 'joined up thinking' come and go in my experience.

The letters TB involved perhaps? or on a re-read perhaps its not Talktalk. Am I expecting too much? 1f609

I'm also confident that the episode has not quite concluded yet and I await further instalments!

Cheers

Boots
Boots
Boots

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 pm

Just wait until next month, when Hush Hush realise you haven't paid the last two months for your old broadband and send you bill for three months  pc
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:26 am

Dave Gee wrote:Just wait until next month, when Hush Hush realise you haven't paid the last two months for your old broadband and send you bill for three months  pc

It looks ominous already, just had an email from not Talktalk saying they are sorry I'm leaving and offering a new deal to stay on  scratch head

Followed by a phone call asking why I was leaving  think_smiley_46

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:58 pm

My fears were not unfounded.

Not Talktalk have charged me again this month for a service discontinued 3 months ago despite my repeated contact with them. I must acknowledge that the staff (or agents as they seem to be called) have been excellent to deal with but there is clearly an organisational system failure. I've got the money back but only by asking for it, let's see what next month bring Whistle1 (no fingers crossed emoji snigger )

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum