The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper

+2
FreelanderUK
Kay
6 posters

Go down

Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper Empty Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper

Post by Kay Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:56 pm

Hi there, sadly we have had a stress fracture appear this Wednesday on our Broadway EB from the bathroom window to the top fridge vent. Our motorhome is 3 years and 8 months old. The dealership contacted Autosleeper on Wednesday but have not heard back from Autosleeper yet. For those of you out there who have had this headache, how long was it before Autosleeper called you into their factory for it to be repair? How long did Autosleeper have your vehicle for? (This morning we discovered water was coming in through the air conditioning unit so we had to take it back to the dealership today for that to be repaired.) Do panel motorhome homes get stress fractures? Looking forward to receiving your replies. Thank you.
Kay
Kay

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB Peugeot
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper Empty Re: Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:05 pm

Welcome to the forum, why not introduce yourself here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper Empty Re: Stress fracture repair by Autosleeper

Post by Kay Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:44 am

The introduction you requested: I live in a village outside Maidstone and my Autosleeper Broadway EB is my second motorhome. I have been motorhoming for 8 1/2 years now and love it, despite the constant repairs we have had to endure with both motorhomes.
Kay
Kay

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:08 pm

Kay wrote:The introduction you requested: I live in a village outside Maidstone and my Autosleeper Broadway EB is my second motorhome. I have been motorhoming for 8 1/2 years now and love it, despite the constant repairs we have had to endure with both motorhomes.

Hi Kay, introductions go here hugegrins

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollytardis Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:23 pm

My stress repair was carried out by the team at the auto sleeper factory.they were very professional in all aspects of my dealing with the manager at auto sleeper.
Process. Rang the factory, gave me possible date for taking it in.
Went to factory on agreed date, they given  full explanation of what they were going to do, and the time scale.
Came home on train.
Rang two weeks later and said the m/h would be ready to collect on day/time.
On collection given a full explanation of what was done by the guy that did the work.
Start to finish three weeks.
Work corrected one year ago, no further problems.
Hope this is useful.
Mollytardis
Mollytardis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2021

Davo and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:54 pm

Thanks Molly for the information, very useful. I am delighted you have had no further problems. Can you please tell me from the occurrence of your stress facture how long was it before Autosleeper had your vehicle in their factory. I look forward to your reply.
Kay
Kay

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollytardis Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:04 pm

From my contact with the factory, sending email photographs to the factory manager, who then communicated via email, agreeing a date of when to bring it in. From sending photographs to going in was about a month. They got it in for repair as soon as they were able. Each of the members of staff that i dealt with acted in a professional manner, and explained what was happening with expected time scales. I have dealt with other makes, chausson dealer, who took six months to repair warranty work for damp, and then not properly. So i was ready for the same attitude, but no, professional and completely honest and i cant fault them.
Mollytardis
Mollytardis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:11 pm

Thank you Molly for the information, it is so appreciated.  If we have to wait a month and then they have it 3 weeks we will miss our booked trip to France, hopefully we can reschedule.
Kay
Kay

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollytardis Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:26 pm

I was advised to apply some silicon sealant in the crack to stop water going in.
Speak to the factory, they are very accommodating with dates.
Good luck and enjoy that french trip.
Mollytardis
Mollytardis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:14 pm

Thanks Molly. Our motorhome is with the dealership who are going to put sealant into the crack for us and they are liaising with Autosleeper. They contacted them on Wednesday but have not had back from them yet. They are going to chase them this week and hopefully get us some timelines. Happy motorhoming.
Kay
Kay

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollytardis Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:28 pm

Thats good, my advice is as soon as you can liaise with the factory, either telephone or email the better.
Mollytardis
Mollytardis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:37 am

Hi Molly the Dealership had not heard back from Autosleeper by email after a week and when I asked the dealership "can you not telephone them" he said "they do not have a telephone number". I found 2 telephone numbers via Google and called Autosleeper morning on 01386-853338 went through to service and was fortunate enough to speak to Karen who said they had a cancellation and I could take my motorhome to them on Tuesday, otherwise I will have to wait until December, which seems unbelievable, that we could be left with a crack in the exterior of our motorhome for 8 months, when it is a design fault they know about. I will be taking the motorhome to Autosleeper on Tuesday and they said they will need it for 3 weeks. Thank you for sharing that you telephoned Autosleeper yourself.
Kay
Kay

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mollytardis Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 am

Hi Kay, 
What a load of twaddle from your dealer. (They have not rang back, and they don't have a phone),They didn't want you to phone them because you would realise they have not been honest and sorting it out in a timely fashion.
Well done with contacting and arranging with the A.S.factory,they unlike the dealer will sort it out for good.
Mollytardis
Mollytardis

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shortsrv Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:44 pm

Hi Kay,
We have a stress fracture on our Broadway EK, nearside window towards front of the vehicle.  Our dealership have not been good with regards to communication with Autosleeper.  The factory however have been excellent and I am booked in middle of August to get the work carried out.  They also said to fill the crack with layers of silicone to stop any potential water ingress.
I think you will find they are quite busy as this was the earliest they could fit us in and have said it will take 2 weeks to complete.
Hope that helps and good luck!!
Shortsrv
Shortsrv

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:58 pm

Shortsrv- please take a minute to say hello......

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:24 am

I think all dealers/agents are very busy right now.

I have had to put our trip to France back by 4 weeks due to a leaky lpg tank. I contacted the firm doing the replacement some 8 weeks ago.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down