The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear red LED marker lights Bourton 2015

Go down

Rear red LED marker lights Bourton 2015 Empty Rear red LED marker lights Bourton 2015

Post by lucasg Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:50 pm

This is how I replaced mine..on a Bourton 2015.
1. Obtain part from AS Willersey. Spares and service dept very helpful. The stock code number for mine was  ET1143. HOWEVER you will need to quote your chassis no on ordering to get correct part. Your chassis no is on a label in the glove compartment. I bought 2 red 12v rear marker lights - one as as a spare for when the other side goes. £15 each plus VAT plus carriage £5. Arrived next day. You can try and source on EBay but you may not get the correct part.

2. Source 5 amp bullet ( both male and female) connectors from Euro Car Parts.. Halfords did not have any when I tried and Euro had to order them in. You maybe advised to buy on line in advance. They are cheap.. pack of 4 = £1.
3. Remove 2 screws on MH light and pull off the light..mine was heavily sealed to the body.
4. Cut the  1mm red and black wire wires from the MH to the light close to the light body..they are soldered onto it.
5. Remove the mounting plate for the detached light which will be sealed to the MH body.
6. Very gently pull out about 10cm of the insulated red and black wires. DO NOT PULL TOO MUCH OR YOU MIGHT DISCONNECT THE WIRE OF FROM THE CONNECTOR HIDDEN INSIDE THE BODY. You are just pulling out the wire enough so that you can handle it. You are going to make a new connection now.
7. Strip about 1cm of the red and black MH light wire. You may have to remove some of the outer black insulation.
8. Attach ( push in) female bullet connectors to the MH wires. Crimp to ensure they are fast.
9. Attach ( push in ) male bullet connectors to the new light and crimp.

10. Check light is working
11. Clean the light housing on the MH body as you are going to apply new sealant.
12. Attach the new light to the MH using the connectors. Thread the attached wire through the small hole.
13. Apply sealant to housing and in the wire hole.
14. Screw new light to body ensuring there is plenty of sealant to make it watertight.
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Teckguy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rear red LED marker lights Bourton 2015 Empty Re: Rear red LED marker lights Bourton 2015

Post by lucasg Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lucasg
lucasg

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down