The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leak under bathroom floor

+5
Askit
Paulmold
breakaleg
cooperman15
Alan Berry
9 posters

Go down

Leak under bathroom floor  Empty Leak under bathroom floor

Post by Alan Berry Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:49 pm

Hi all, since filling the water system after draining for winter I have a leak wich is coming from under the floor tray. I'm hoping that removing the toilet ( if I can) will gain access to the void and hopefully the pipe joints that have presumably come adrift. Can anyone confirm that this is the way to access these pipes? Thanks
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Leak under bathroom floor  Empty Re: Leak under bathroom floor

Post by cooperman15 Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:54 pm

I have similar suspicions, see my recent water leak posts in Technical. I’m hoping that water I’ve seen at the bathroom door area is tracking from the sink tap fitting leakage but I’m wondering if I have a similar problem to yours.
I’m wondering if you remove the vertical corner moulding secured with 10 screws that the shower tap is connected to you may see leakage via the push fit connectors to the braided tap connectors.
I was hoping that any leakage in this area would drain into the shower tray.
Will be interested in your findings.
cooperman15
cooperman15

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Berry Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 pm

I have checked all tap connections including the shower and all good so leak must be under the plastic floor. It seems a poor site for pipe connections but there must be some there as there are only one hot and cold at taps
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:24 pm

Does your toilet cassette have a sight tube for checking the water level (this is on the right hand side inside the cassette door where you remove the cassette) if so, when you pull the tube out to drain the holding tank, if there is a rubber bung stuck in the end of the tube this could well be the cause of the leak.
The bung should be in the body of the van and not attached to the pipe, the pipe does have to go onto the bung but the bung itself should remain attached to the body work.

With our van the water soaked the carpet by the shower room door, would never have worked out such a simple fix.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Berry Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm

No mine doesn't have a sight tube. I'm sure the leak is from pipes under floor. Just trying to work out how to remove toilet. Tomorrow I am phoning the mechanic at the dealer who used to work for AS for some info ( or see if he can do it!)
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:12 pm

Would the dealer be Cotswold by any chance? Shame they dropped AS franchise. They tended to get their staff from AS , don't know their current staff though. The best mechanic I've met there was Andy (ex AS) who left to form his own repair workshop in Newent  , not far away . Maybe he can help if you get no joy at Cotswold.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Berry Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:04 pm

Thanks. Yes it is Cotswold and the mech is Paul who did some warranty work for us and he is ex AS so hoping he can help on toilet removal
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Leak under bathroom floor  Empty Leak under bathroom floor

Post by Alan Berry Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 pm

I removed the toilet and found four "y"type push fit pipe connectors underneath. One was leaking but I took the precaution of changing all four. The local accessories shop only had two but managed to get two more from AS. Apparently they now use black fittings which are said to be better quality than the original white ones. After refitting the toilet the flush pump would run but not pump any water. I took the plate with push button off and disconnected the pipes from the vacuum break and found pumping ok, reconnected everything and all working so I presumed it was just an air lock.
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:01 pm

Glad you got it sorted OK and thanks for letting us know how you got on  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:56 pm

When our electric toilet pump packed up I replaced it with a hand pump - much quieter during the night!
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Leak under bathroom floor  Empty Removal of toilet

Post by Allington Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Alan Berry wrote:I removed the toilet and found four "y"type push fit pipe connectors underneath. One was leaking but I took the precaution of changing all four. The local accessories shop only had two but managed to get two more from AS. Apparently they now use black fittings which are said to be better quality than the original white ones. After refitting the toilet the flush pump would run but not pump any water. I took the plate with push button off and disconnected the pipes from the vacuum break and found pumping ok, reconnected everything and all working so I presumed it was just an air lock.

Hi Alan,

We also have a leak in our Nuevo 2008 under the bathroom somewhere!
How did you remove the toilet please? We have looked from the outside and tried removing some screws but the whole toilet seems milder together.
Thanks
Allington
Allington

Female

Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Leak under bathroom floor  Empty Removal of toilet

Post by Alan Berry Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:03 pm

Take the cassette out and there are four screws holding the toilet down. The two at the front can be seen easily but the rear two are well hidden. Follow the ridges towards the rear and where they end you will find the recessed screws. You will then need to remove the four screws holding the rinse tank from under the fill lid. I used a paint scraper to carefully break the sealant to remove the filler. On mine the rinse tank was partly protruding into the wall insulation so had to be carefully prised back into the inside, once that was achieved the toilet lifted out quite easily. As I said in the earlier post. I replaced all four of the connectors that are found under the toilet. Hope this helps. Best of luck
Alan
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:30 am

Allington wrote:

Hi Alan,

We also have a leak in our Nuevo 2008 under the bathroom somewhere!
How did you remove the toilet please? We have looked from the outside and tried removing some screws but the whole toilet seems milder together.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Allington Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:00 pm

Alan Berry wrote:Take the cassette out and there are four screws holding the toilet down. The two at the front can be seen easily but the rear two are well hidden. Follow the ridges towards the rear and where they end you will find the recessed screws. You will then need to remove the four screws holding the rinse tank from under the fill lid. I used a paint scraper to carefully break the sealant to remove the filler. On mine the rinse tank was partly protruding into the wall insulation so had to be carefully prised back into the inside, once that was achieved the toilet lifted out quite easily. As I said in the earlier post. I replaced all four of the connectors that are found under the toilet. Hope this helps. Best of luck
Alan
Thanks. Going to have a look again this evening but just to clarify the toilet is a whole unit with cassette and I need to break seal around base and back of toilet (Thetford 200 CWL) and remove the whole thing, it doesn’t come apart?
I just hope there is pipework under there.
Someone else suggested the dump value back flowing causing a leak, called local motorhome repairs but they don’t want to advise as want the business 🤣
Allington
Allington

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Berry Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:19 pm

There was no sealant anywhere around mine and yes it's all in one piece. Once the rinse tank is free from the wall the whole toilet should lift out
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Allington Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:46 pm

Alan Berry wrote:There was no sealant anywhere around mine and yes it's all in one piece. Once the rinse tank is free from the wall the whole toilet should lift out

We gave up and took it into the dealer we bought it from, not confident of taking out the toilet and putting it back without breaking it but yes the leak was under the toilet!
They only charged 1.5hrs labour and completely changed the fixings so it won’t happen again.
Thanks for the advice and next time maybe we might be braver.
Allington
Allington

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Berry Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Glad you got it fixed. Doesn't sound too expensive and saved you a fair bit if time and running around for parts
Alan Berry
Alan Berry

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Newvo Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:45 pm

We have just had a leak repaired on our 2011 Neuvo. Marquis did it under warranty as only bought in January. We asked about making sure it was fully drained and it was suggested that we open the taps on the way from the last trip of the season. All that jiggling about helps empty the pipes. Should work with some of the potholes!
Newvo
Newvo
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by cooperman15 Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:14 pm

Confirm that we have also had similar leak on our 2011 Nuevo and the heads up about the fittings situated under the toilet was a great help.
A big shout out to Charnwood Caravan Services who repaired it today at a cost of £112 which I thought was very reasonable. 
1.5 hours by the experts, it would have taken me all day so well worth it.
cooperman15
cooperman15

Male

Newvo likes this post

Back to top Go down