The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Safety Stick

3 posters

Go down

Fire Safety Stick Empty Fire Safety Stick

Post by Eltel Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:19 am

Some months ago I watched YouTube video on a new piece of equipment that I had not seen before that being a Fire Safety Stick

Mentioned the product to a fellow member of my model railway club who had been till recently a senior officer in The London Fire Brigade who was very enthusiastic about the product and suggested it’s was a worthwhile investment 

Yesterday at the NEC Motorhome & Caravan exhibition I was able to see the product, watch the video and chat with the sales staff.

At the time decided to think about the product and perhaps wished I had purchased one

Wondering what the thoughts are of my fellow AS owners are.

At £75 a lot more expensive than the standard fire extinguishers but if it’s better product it would be a worthwhile investment 

Website www.FireSafetyStick.com 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Fire Safety Stick Empty Re: Fire Safety Stick

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:22 am

Link doesn't work

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:39 am

Hi Paul

I’ve just copied and pasted the link and it works

Not sure how to embed a link on the ASOF site (if that’s the right phrase)

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:54 am

I bought 2 a few years back. I have them mounted in the habitation doorway. One at floor level for easy access from outside (where I would prefer to fight the fire from) and the other at head height to the side of the door frame.

Are they any good? I have not had to use one so I am dependant on the information supplied by the sellers and their videos.

My powder extinguisher was past its life expectancy and despite occasional shaking and upturning to stop the powder clumping I was not certain it would work. It also needed to be aimed at the base of any fire.

I was swayed by two factors. A lifespan of over 15 years which despite the initial outlay would be as cost effective if not more so than replacing or servicing conventional extinguishers. So environmentally more friendly.
The second influence is that once activated the firestick is simply thrown or placed in the proximity of the fire and the chemicals smother the fire. It leaves no mess unlike powder or foam.

I also thought that two 50 second sticks would be more efficient than a single 100 second version.

Obviously as seen on various videos, a Motorhome or caravan will burn really quickly, so the potential for saving the van is slim to say the least.

The system seems to be popular with rally drivers and motorsport enthusiasts. The only othe comment I would make is that the price seems to have risen by quite a margin since I purchased mine, although I can’t recall exact price.

https://firesafetystick.com/

Davy

Last edited by TeamRienza on Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:59 am

I have an extinguisher called the Firepal. It works just like the safety stick and cost around the £40 mark . YouTube video shows extremely similar test to the safety stick BUT website no longer works, company seems to have disappeared,  so beware that Safetystick could go exactly the same way. I'm not suggesting it will but I'd love to know what happened to Firepal,  it seemed such a good product.

There is no company address for Firesafetystick, only a distributor.  A company named Fire Safety Stick Pro was dissolved in 2021, any link?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down