The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control panel

4 posters

Go down

Control panel Empty Control panel

Post by Mark collingwood Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:19 pm

Hi looking for some advice on the control panel of my auto sleeper kingham 2019 leisure battery voltage reading 13v approx capacity indicator reads zero battery has been tested ok charge rate at battery reading 13 plus volts shows a current draw of approx o.5 amps I have photos but not sure how to add on here I have also fitted a different fully charged battery and get the same capacity indicator readings?
Mark collingwood
Mark collingwood

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Control panel Empty Re: Control panel

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:50 pm

Hi Mark.

I doubt you’ll get many responses as you’ve posted in the section about dealers. You really need to find your way around so I suggest you return to the front page and start with the threads of info for new members, including the introduce yourself here section (and it will be appreciated if you do that) and you will find all sorts of useful things such as the factsheets which contain the photo posting instructions. 

Work down the page and you’ll find the various categories for posting which include a technical section which is probably where your post should be.

There are numerous threads about batteries - some ongoing - and the search facility will lead you to them if you fail to spot them.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

frederic, Dbvwt, IanH, Bilbobaggins and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:52 pm

I agree with TW above but in the mean time, as far as battery capacity readings are concerned, I’ve never taken a scrap of notice of them in various vehicles (it’s just a setting on your - EC480? - control panel).
It’s the voltages I take notice of.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:23 pm

In the first half of 2019 A-S were fitting Sargent's EC500 LCD panel, around June 2019 they began fitting their EC700 system and panel which we have. I couldn't find a battery capacity indication on our panel.

Providing your batteries aren't being charged by solar or on EHU, and the engine isn't running, the battery voltages give an indication of their state of charge.
http://www.mmbalmainauto.com.au/PDF/State_of_charge_12_volt_batteries.pdf

An important consideration is not to let your batteries get below 12 volts. It will shorten their lives and they may not even recover.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down