The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER

2 posters

Go down

SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER Empty SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER

Post by WANDERING DAVE Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:53 pm

The saga of my heating system continues. From new it has never worked properly it always throws up the same fault code.

We have changed the temperature sensor (twice). The temperature sensor cable was tested and no fault could be found.
We have even fitted a new p/c board. All of this was done by SMC of Newark, who I have found very helpful, (well I did buy it from them).

Returned from our last repair visit, and guess what the fault was back censored!.

On top of that the fridge has stopped working on gas, but that is a another issue.

Phoned SMC , leave it with them they will try and fathom out what is happening to the heating system.
Got a call back if they made up a temporary lead would I be able to fit it, bypassing the existing sensor cable.
They sent me the lead with a new sensor fitted and spade connectors on the other end.

I fitted the temporary lead the next day. UREKA. it works, I left it running for hours it works perfectly.
The clever engineer at SMC had fathomed out what the problem was.

Got to go back to Newark for them to do a permanent repair, repair the fridge and repair the water tank,  another issue.

We still love our BOURTON its not Auto Sleepers fault their suppliers supply faulty goods.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER Empty Re: SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:34 pm

Has the temp sensor been moved to a new position or just the leads swapped?

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER Empty Re: SAGA OF THE TRUMA HEATER

Post by WANDERING DAVE Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:53 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:Has the temp sensor been moved to a new position or just the leads swapped?
moved to a new position
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2022

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down