The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan & Motorhome Club Website

+28
The Bargee
The Jacobite
Newvo
Bad Penny
Sally
rogerblack
gpilky
ruby
ScribesWtr
ferguson700
Bobskate
v8oholic
Bilbobaggins
Slow-Lane
rgermain
Geoff57
Heanorboy
Askit
breakaleg
Peter Brown
DeeBee
Cymro
pstallwood
HJA
frederic
Tinwheeler
Paulmold
Kemerton-bath
32 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Club Website Empty Caravan & Motorhome Club Website

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:29 pm

I’m late to the party, we’ve been out of UK for the past two months. I logged onto the club website this evening to look at CLs in Pembrokeshire for a few days away in November and encountered the CMHC’s shiny new website.
Crikey, what a disaster, they seem to have created a monster. I can’t believe how bad it is. The CL search by map function is pants, it’s unresponsive and clunky, doesn’t offer a satellite view option that I could find, and it seems totally random whether the “VIEW” button works to allow me to view the details of a specific CL. I lost the will to see whether the App was equally hopeless.
Unbelievable, this feels like going back in time by 10 years. I’m going to use Search4sites instead. I’m thankful we no longer use their Club sites on cost grounds, as judging by the volume of complaint on the Club’s own forum I don’t think I could face using the new booking system. But if a simple function like searching for CLs is no longer straightforward then we’ll have to think seriously about whether to renew the membership.

The C&CC must be having a good laugh and are hopefully learning the lessons from their competitor’s foul-up. All it has to do to keep me content is maintain the 60+ age discount for its own Club sites and avoid a disastrous roll-out of any website changes.

For those who went to last week’s NEC show, was there a queue of disgruntled members at the CMHC stand?

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

ruby and HJA like this post

Back to top Go down

Caravan & Motorhome Club Website Empty Re: Caravan & Motorhome Club Website

Post by Paulmold Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:03 pm

So glad I'm not alone. I've tried my phone, tablet and laptop and they all behave the same as you've described. I dont understand the posters on the Club Together who say it's fine. Like you I'll use Search4sites to find CLs and I'll go back to phoning the booking centre if I ever use club sites again.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:42 pm

They know it's not fine, Paul, but like to put on a show of having mastered the system.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:34 pm

Not a members complaint in the latest Mag, I wondered why it was so thin!
Also very little contrite admissions either, Heads kept well down
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by HJA Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:10 pm

As I commented on the CAMC forum, the new site is fine, if you know exactly where you want to go and when. Anything more than that and it’s dreadful. What annoys me most of all is that they have destroyed the CL part of the site but the main reason for changing the site is the introduction of deposits and new t & c for club sites. There is currently no way of linking from the summary info available in map view to the full page of details with coordinates and specific directions, both of fundamental importance for CLs. Somewhere there is a club response to the effect that they are going to do something about this, but 7 weeks on, nothing.CL owners must be going mad with frustration. And the list of sites for any search only lists the first 20!
HJA
HJA

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

ruby likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:27 pm

Lots of complaints on the CAMC Facebook chat group where they have threads specifically for this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are comments there about the magazine's lack of letters about the subject.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 pm

That magazine is a total waste of paper. I saw from the accounts that it generates a profit (from the adverts) and so it will continue. But the contents are hardly worth reading,  and the tone is juvenile. It will never be a critical friend to the Club.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

frederic, ruby, Slow-Lane, Caraman and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:55 pm

Cymro wrote:That magazine is a total waste of paper. I saw from the accounts that it generates a profit (from the adverts) and so it will continue. But the contents are hardly worth reading,  and the tone is juvenile. It will never be a critical friend to the Club.

Cymro

Mine goes right into the recycling 😂
DeeBee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2022

ruby and orac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:01 pm

I opted out of receiving it. You can do that in My Profile / preferences.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

ruby and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:36 pm

All my current bookings were made before the new system was implemented.  Checked in to Moreton-in the Marsh last week for a couple of nights (it is really expensive now).  Went through the usual process in reception up to "come back and let us know which pitch you are on".  I said don't you want paying? Oh I'll just check - red face - yes please.  I paid - where is my receipt? The new system doesn't give receipts so I can't give you one.  Yes you can I said, I need proof of payment.  After a brief conversation with a colleague a small carbon copy receipt book was found and a handwritten receipt issued.....
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by HJA Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:33 pm

Peter Brown wrote:All my current bookings were made before the new system was implemented.  Checked in to Moreton-in the Marsh last week for a couple of nights (it is really expensive now).  Went through the usual process in reception up to "come back and let us know which pitch you are on".  I said don't you want paying? Oh I'll just check - red face - yes please.  I paid - where is my receipt? The new system doesn't give receipts so I can't give you one.  Yes you can I said, I need proof of payment.  After a brief conversation with a colleague a small carbon copy receipt book was found and a handwritten receipt issued.....
That is really worrying. I know some people receive their receipts by e mail, but does that go to everyone? Now they have your details for the deposits, does it make email receipts easier in some way?
HJA
HJA

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:50 pm

This all serves as a further reminder, if one were needed, that including the word “Club” in its name is a misnomer. A true club would have members’ interests at its core. In reality it’s a hard-nosed business pretending to be a club. High time they dropped the pretence rather than perpetuate the cosy notion that it’s one big happy club. It’s clearly not very happy at present, judging by the weight of negative comment flying around.

What an own goal, to launch a new website without first testing it thoroughly. It implies that no one in Club HQ ever goes touring, let alone uses the CL network, which gets a bad rap from this latest update. Maybe it’s a strategy, aimed at getting more people onto overpriced Club sites by making CLs more difficult to find.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

ruby likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:02 pm

pstallwood wrote:Lots of complaints on the CAMC Facebook chat group where they have threads specifically for this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are comments there about the magazine's lack of letters about the subject.
Another FB group - CAMC Caravan and Motorhome Chat  also big threads on the subject. How long can they keep ignoring the membership?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:12 pm

Peter Brown wrote:All my current bookings were made before the new system was implemented.  Checked in to Moreton-in the Marsh last week for a couple of nights (it is really expensive now).  Went through the usual process in reception up to "come back and let us know which pitch you are on".  I said don't you want paying? Oh I'll just check - red face - yes please.  I paid - where is my receipt? The new system doesn't give receipts so I can't give you one.  Yes you can I said, I need proof of payment.  After a brief conversation with a colleague a small carbon copy receipt book was found and a handwritten receipt issued.....
Your story has made it onto CT, Peter, and I've been disagreed with for calling your experience a poor show  smile!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:26 am

What's "CT"?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:29 am

Cymro wrote:What's "CT"?

Cymro
Club Together - the CAMC forum. I thought I'd seen you there,
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:16 am

Thanks, Tinwheeler. I may well have contributed to Club Together, but I didn't recall the acronym. There are so many these days!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

breakaleg, rgermain, Tinwheeler and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:26 am

I use the old app quite often mostly for finding cl's around where I am, but now when I use it, I get a suggestion to download the new app, which I did and even after signing in it says that to use it I need to renew my membership (I really don't want to pay twice, lol)
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:42 pm

frederic wrote:Not a members complaint in the latest Mag, I wondered why it was so thin!
Also very little contrite admissions either, Heads kept well down
frederic

You clearly missed the opening statement from their DG, Nick Lomas, who said that all was hunky dory (my phrase) following the first weeks "teething problems". All those complaining are obviously out of touch with reality........well somebody certainly is  happyyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Paulmold, frederic, rgermain, HJA, IanH and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:21 pm

Just received email from club asking if I would like to go paperless and not get the sites directory. With the website and app still a complete dogs dinner, I don't think so !

Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain, HJA, Caraman and orac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:09 pm

Paulmold wrote:Just received email from club asking if I would like to go paperless and not get the sites directory. With the website and app still a complete dogs dinner, I don't think so !
Paul 
I also received this and cannot find the option NOT to go paperless only to agree to

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:49 pm

Heanorboy wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Just received email from club asking if I would like to go paperless and not get the sites directory. With the website and app still a complete dogs dinner, I don't think so !
Paul 
I also received this and cannot find the option NOT to go paperless only to agree to
I think you just click on the button if you want to go paperless,  just ignore it if you don't. I hope I'm  right.

Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain, HJA and Caraman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff57 Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:10 pm

Just been looking at the new website and agree that it is a bit of a dog' dinner !
Are you able to search for a site by its name rather than using the map ? What if you don't know which part of the country the site is in ? I am probably missing something as I can't believe even the CAMC would set up a search facility without the ability to search !
The other point that has been mentioned before is not being able to see which dates are fully booked...as with the CCC site. You can spend ages booking dates until you hit lucky.
Quickly losing patience with the club.

Geoff
Geoff57
Geoff57
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

HJA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 pm

At the bottom of the map screen you should see 'show list' , click that and you get another screen where you can search by site name or location. Unfortunately you get worldwide place names, so if you want eg Chester you need to put Chester UK. You only get 20 sites per search so you may then have to search another close town such as Wrexham to get a further 20 etc . Certainly not ready to ditch the sites book yet.

Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain and HJA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff57 Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:27 pm

Paulmold wrote:At the bottom of the map screen you should see 'show list' , click that and you get another screen where you can search by site name or location. Unfortunately you get worldwide place names, so if you want eg Chester you need to put Chester UK. You only get 20 sites per search so you may then have to search another close town such as Wrexham to get a further 20 etc . Certainly not ready to ditch the sites book yet.
Thanks as always Paul.
What a palaver...what is wrong with simply putting a search box on the first page ?
Obviously some IT wizzkid getting paid a shed load of  money to complicate things and probably thinks he has done a terrific job.
Geoff57
Geoff57
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next