The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External Aerial point.

4 posters

Go down

External Aerial point. Empty External Aerial point.

Post by Heanorboy Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am

After many months of looking I have finally found a dark grey External aerial point being fed up with the flat window cable and then cable across the furniture. 
Anyway being on my last legs of brain power my question is a simple one (Like the bloke asking I guess)

Do I take the cable to the TV booster box or direct to the addition internal socket I have installed next to the TV.

It will be used only when connecting to on site aerial connections and not a Sat Dish  confused3

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

External Aerial point. Empty Re: External Aerial point.

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:30 am

I installed one for site bollard connections. Bypasses the booster amp, straight to the tele, swop over when on site bollard. Works fine.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:38 am

Why do you need the external box? Cable from bollard to flat aerial cable then normal flylead to TV.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:00 am

Paulmold wrote:Why do you need the external box? Cable from bollard to flat aerial cable then normal flylead to TV.
Paul.
1. Did cover that in original post and
2. I am addicted to adding "improvements" to the van (just cannot help myself) confused3 juggling juggling

David

Donator
Donator

Male

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:30 pm

Heanorboy wrote:After many months of looking I have finally found a dark grey External aerial point being fed up with the flat window cable and then cable across the furniture. 
Anyway being on my last legs of brain power my question is a simple one (Like the bloke asking I guess)

Do I take the cable to the TV booster box or direct to the addition internal socket I have installed next to the TV.

It will be used only when connecting to on site aerial connections and not a Sat Dish  confused3
You refer to a 'TV booster box'.  I assume you mean the amplifier for your roof mounted TV aerial.  I believe you could remove the output co-ax from the amplifier and then reconnect it via a 3-way co-ax splitter and then connect the co-ax from your new external socket to the splitter.  This shouldn't affect your roof TV aerial but it should allow your existing co-ax socket by your TV to be used when using a bollard cable but only if you turn off the amplifier.  If your amplifier has two output co-ax sockets and one is unused as is the case on my Maxview, you might get away with connecting the co-ax from your external socket to the unused output socket.  Before doing this though, I would check there is connectivity between the two output sockets with a digital meter.  If there isn't, don't do it.  If there is connectivity, then it should be no different to using a splitter on one output socket.  You will still need to turn the amplifier off if you are working from a bollard and turn it back on when using the roof aerial.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:54 am

Many thanks folks  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down