The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol

2 posters

Go down

Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol Empty Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol

Post by Chantal DJ Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 15:55

Dear fellow campervanners,
My leisure battery was running hot so disconnected luckily since it was subsequently diagnosed as dead and could have caught fire !! I bought a leisure battery from Halford's online but when I pitched to have it fitted they said they did not provide a fitting service. I think Kwik Fit will do the job but I have to source the battery. I have a small solar panel and MPPT unit which tops up the leisure battery I also have a 700W inverter which I use to run the Cool Box.
My question. How do I know what size I need and secondly which battery would you recommend? 
Thanks and regards
Chantal
Chantal DJ
Chantal DJ

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Boxer Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol Empty Re: Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol

Post by Paulmold Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 16:08

If your battery is under your drivers seat you won't be able to get anything bigger than you already have , so stick to same size, type number should be labelled on it such as 019 . Measure yours and check Tayna website , dimensions are given to all their batteries.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Chantal DJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol Empty Re: Leisure Battery for Peugot Boxer Symbol

Post by Chantal DJ Wed 28 Sep 2022 - 9:48

Dear Paul,
Many thanks for your excellent advice. Once I've identified the battery required I'll probably fit it myself as I have an MPPT for my solar panel.
Any thoughts on how much drain would come off the battery if I ran my cool box off the 700w inverter I've installed.It will depend of course on how long I use the inverter but maybe switch it off every 4 hours to let it recover.
PS If I'm on an electrical hook up will that power up my leisure battery.
Best regards 
Kevin ( Chantal's hubby)
Chantal DJ
Chantal DJ

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed 28 Sep 2022 - 9:53

I've no experience of inverters. When on hook up your leisure battery should charge and all your 12 v appliances will run off the charger.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Chantal DJ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantal DJ Wed 28 Sep 2022 - 18:15

Thanks Paul
Regards
Kevin
Chantal DJ
Chantal DJ

Female

Back to top Go down