The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control Panel Flashing

+2
Roopert
yammy
6 posters

Go down

Control Panel Flashing Empty Control Panel Flashing

Post by yammy Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:19 pm

1st trip out in our new 2022 Nuevo and went wild camping, with only 60ah lithium battery and 80 watt solar panel i wasnt expecting it to last very long but after 2 days of occasional use of heater ie on for 5 minutes maybe a couple of times in the evening and a couple of led lights on (we do not leave heating or hot water on at all when we go to bed) we decided to go to bed and after a couple of warnings that the leisure battery was running low things went bad .
at about 1 in the morning the control panel started to flash constantly followed by 2 beeps every 15 minutes. eventually after 45 minutes of searching through manual in total darkneness and a mobile that was about to run out of juice i managed to find  the PSU and turn the power off. Got home after 45 minute drive, no difference, plugged into EHU at home ...no difference. the van is only a week old and Control Panel is not operational at all. i have checked all fuses and seem ok, now electric step will not retract with remote,........any ideas what is going on before i take it back to dealer ????  Thank you, cheers Robin
yammy
yammy

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP TB
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Control Panel Flashing Empty Re: Control Panel Flashing

Post by Roopert Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 pm

Presumably your van has the Harmony Utility Management System? If so, have you followed the Troubleshooting guide, starting at page 56 of the Harmony User Guide?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:12 pm

If you have shutdown the EC700 (black button top left of EC700) no charge will reach the leisure battery from the vehicle alternator or solar panel.  When connected to an EHU, the green charger switch on the EC700 should be on/lit.  If it is and the EC700 is shutdown, all charge from the mains charger (PX300) should go to the leisure battery.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:05 pm

Roopert wrote:Presumably your van has the Harmony Utility Management System? If so, have you followed the Troubleshooting guide, starting at page 56 of the Harmony User Guide?
Hi Roopert, yes it has the HUMS and i have been through the troubleshooting pages but i didnt really want to start disconnecting and re connecting cables as its so new and i have checked all the other points. Didnt really want to makes things worse re warranty. thank you for the info.  allthumbz
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:22 pm

Caraman wrote:If you have shutdown the EC700 (black button top left of EC700) no charge will reach the leisure battery from the vehicle alternator or solar panel.  When connected to an EHU, the green charger switch on the EC700 should be on/lit.  If it is and the EC700 is shutdown, all charge from the mains charger (PX300) should go to the leisure battery.
hi Caraman, interesting, i have connected to ehu and the green charger light comes on but i havnt tried shutting down ec700 whilst on ehu and seeing if leisure battery is charging as the control panel just flashes and beeps. !! and i cant tell.
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 pm

yammy wrote:
Caraman wrote:If you have shutdown the EC700 (black button top left of EC700) no charge will reach the leisure battery from the vehicle alternator or solar panel.  When connected to an EHU, the green charger switch on the EC700 should be on/lit.  If it is and the EC700 is shutdown, all charge from the mains charger (PX300) should go to the leisure battery.
hi Caraman, interesting, i have connected to ehu and the green charger light comes on but i havnt tried shutting down ec700 whilst on ehu and seeing if leisure battery is charging as the control panel just flashes and beeps. !! and i cant tell.
It might be worth shutting down the EC700 which will also shutdown its CP but stay connected to the EHU with the charger switch on.  Leave it like this for a few hours to see if the leisure battery recharges and then turn the EC700 back on and see what happens.

If you have a voltmeter you will be able to see if charge is reaching the leisure battery.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:01 pm

yammy wrote:
Roopert wrote:Presumably your van has the Harmony Utility Management System? If so, have you followed the Troubleshooting guide, starting at page 56 of the Harmony User Guide?
Hi Roopert, yes it has the HUMS and i have been through the troubleshooting pages but i didnt really want to start disconnecting and re connecting cables as its so new and i have checked all the other points. Didnt really want to makes things worse re warranty. thank you for the info.  allthumbz

Specifically, have you checked the main 20A fuse at the leisure battery?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Roopert wrote:
yammy wrote:

Specifically, have you checked the main 20A fuse at the leisure battery?
You mean the 20amp fuse that should have been replaced with a 25 amp one before it was ever given to the buyer. The dealer should  know all about that.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:30 pm

Plus the other one (for the vehicle battery) that should have been changed to 25A too?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:58 pm

A caution.  The only way of checking the leisure battery and vehicle battery fuses is by pulling them out of their holder.  If you do this, make sure you have disconnected from the EHU first and/or turned the mains charger off.  Disconnecting the leisure battery by removing its fuse should also result in a phone call from the manned tracking centre if you have paid for the Thatcham approved Sargent tracking service.  To prevent this happening activate Inhibit Service on AS Monitor.  Out of interest, did you get a phone call when your leisure battery went flat?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:15 am

Wish to thank you all for helping me with this problem, really appreciate it, all sorted now with replacing the Vehicle battery fuse from 20A (blown) to 25A fuse and everything working now  up!
yammy
yammy

Male

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff57 Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:45 pm

Really pleased that you have fixed the problem yammy.
The only comment I would make is why after several months reading that the 20 amp fuse needs to be replaced by a 25 amp fuse are dealers not doing this ?
They obviously do not read the forums nor have been updated by the factory!

Geoff
Geoff57
Geoff57
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:50 pm

Geoff57 wrote:Really pleased that you have fixed the problem yammy.
The only comment I would make is why after several months reading that the 20 amp fuse needs to be replaced by a 25 amp fuse are dealers not doing this ?

Geoff
Have no idea Geoff, your guess is as good as mine.... scratch head but thanx for the reply.  smile!
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:58 pm

Geoff
I believe AS sent a technical update regarding this to all dealers last year, so why they don't follow instructions I have no idea.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:13 pm

Paulmold wrote:

Geoff
I believe AS sent a technical update regarding this to all dealers last year, so why they don't follow instructions I have no idea.
Interesting, will ask next time i pop in to Marquis   up!
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by markwhittam Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:45 am

Thanks for letting us know yammy and happy you have a solution. 

When we get ours back (Kinhgham, other issues) I will check the vehicle battery fuse. Already done the leisure battery fuse and that is @ 25amp.

markwhittam

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern, now Kingham

Back to top Go down