The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL

+2
Paulmold
livelife
6 posters

Go down

Warwick XL  Empty Warwick XL

Post by livelife Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi everyone,
We have a Warwick XL 2014 with 15,000 miles on the clock, owned it a year, first 8 months perfect ,now DPF has blocked twice in 4 months, dpf light not going out then went into limp mode apparently it was cleaned by first garage and now light on again after 4 month, tested at Peugeot dealer say that it needs cleaning again or have new DPF @ £2850, have anyone else had similar issues. Thanks Mick.
livelife
livelife

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL  Empty Re: Warwick XL

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:08 pm

You need to drive it like you stole it every so often to burn those soot deposits. Do you consider yourself a gentle driver, I am and I've learnt that I need to give it some welly.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Tinwheeler, babian and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:50 am

Hi Mick
Welcome to the forum from Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:36 pm

Had this problem with our old Vitara. After getting quoted similar price from Suzuki we ended up having it cut out and the vehicle remapped. Cost about £350 all in iirc and zero issues with MOT.
DeeBee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:07 pm

Never start the engine unless you're going to drive it.
Never start the engine to charge batteries
Never pottle along at 45 in 6th
Follow white van man's example and drive it hard, every time. Modern diesels need to be working at approximately 80% full power if at all possible.
On motorways, where possible and safe cruise at 70mph.

My local garage which can do van MOT's and servicing told me he'd never had any DPF issues with commercial vans, all the one's he regularly sees are motorhomes. If he sees emissions issues with one he takes up and down our bypass in 4th or 5th and drives it as hard as possible, that usually fixes the emissions problem!

I too learned that the hard way, just finished 3 weeks in Pyrenees and N Spain some on motorways, I can assure you my van won't have emissions problems next mot, just like it didn't last one! up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:17 am

Welcome to the forum. I don’t have the same issues with my older Transit but I have had one MOT fail because of emissions issues. It was one of those bad weeks so my normal routine of fuel additive and a motorway run wasn’t possible. It passed second try after a fifteen mile run at motorway speed. 
The emissions issue was always a problem when I was working on buses. We inherited a couple of Leyland Tigers that only did town runs. Before the MOT we were told to take them up the motorway in third gear to give them a pull through as our foreman put it. Yes it created a few minor oil leaks but they passed on emissions. 
I know we have to make an effort to clean up the environment but it can’t be right that we have to change our driving habits for the wrong reasons. We drive for pleasure not to a time tight schedule shrugg
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down