The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack

+2
Bilbobaggins
Keithgtech
6 posters

Go down

Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack  Empty Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack

Post by Keithgtech Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:14 am

Hi , I'm thinking of fitting a bike rack for my electric bikes (2) 44kg total we but will be removing batteries. Has anyone done this ? 
Advice appreciated and also what type of fiamma is recommended. 👍
Keithgtech
Keithgtech

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack  Empty Re: Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:42 am

Search for bike racks and or electric bike in search box and you should find plenty of information.  The was a thread about  this in this section of forum in past  4 to 5 days

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack  Empty Re: Burford duo 2022 fiamma electric bike rack

Post by Keithgtech Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:45 am

up!
Keithgtech
Keithgtech

Male

Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterqs Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 pm

I looked at this in great detail for our Burford and got lots of expert advice. We have a Fiamma bike rack recommended for the support rails fitted to the van, which is great for the road bike, but I decided no where near strong enough for our two electric bikes and I was concerned the van rear wall wouldn't be strong enough either. I went for the Thule towbar mounted carrier, which isn't cheap but excellent quality. I still take the batteries out though, as there is a lot of weight suspended a long way from the back axle. You obviously need a towbar as well, which I had fitted when we bought the van otherwise it would have been a bigger decision!
Peterqs
Peterqs

Male

Member Age : 64
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by streetglider Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:23 pm

We had a 2 bike Fiamma rack fitted to our Nuevo. Each rail is rated to carry 25kg which easily supports our Wisper 806 foldable bikes (not folded on the rack). Batteries are removed and carried inside the van.
 Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Likewise, I have a Fiamma lifting rack, with 2 rails. They easily accommodate our E0volt folding e-bikes (unfolded) with batteries inside the van, far forward to optimise loading.

I had to open up the carrying rails so that the fat 20" tyres could drop into them. I use a cordless drill to wind the rack up / down. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 pm

Here is the recent thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I pointed out, the 60kg limit on the back wall attachment points has to include the mass of the bike rack, the bikes with any attachments, a good bike lock or locks, cover & marker board (if fitted) and a lighting board.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down