The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAb door not locking

5 posters

Go down

HAb door not locking Empty HAb door not locking

Post by brains Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:20 pm

We accidentally realised this week that the central locking on our 2021 Nuevo was no longer locking the hab door.  Everything else functions - step withdraws and cab doors lock. We can use a key, and I have booked for it to go to Marquis for what I assume is a warranty repair, but I wonder if it’s a common issue, with a simple fix? No fuses blown, so guess there’s a solenoid inside the door that is either failing or disconnected.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

HAb door not locking Empty Re: HAb door not locking

Post by Mids Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi just come back  from France  and have had the same problem  .thought  the door was locked wife just pulled  the hab door and it opened.  Been backed  to rhe dealer  and been told its a fault and  needs a repair  under warranty  .have a Broadway  2019
Mids
Mids

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterqs Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Probably been answered loads of times, but it's probably either the contacts on the door need cleaning, or more likely the wire to the contact has broken or come loose. Just try taking out the screws holding in one side of the black thing with two chrome springy contacts at the bottom of the hinge side of the hab door and see if the wires are connected. If not it's an easy rewire fix. If they are connected and not broken it isn't that! It's gone on both my vans and been sorted by reconnecting the wiring. Hope it helps.
Peterqs
Peterqs

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:20 pm

When it happened to me it was caused by poor contact between the spring buttons on the lower door jam with their contacts on the door frame. I cured it with a squirt of WD40 which made the spring buttons move more freely.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:21 pm

try this, If you have locked/unlocked with the manual key, you may not have returned the lock slot to the upright position, if you have turned it right and back to the upright position it will not lock you need to do it in the other direction it should then lock with with the fob.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by brains Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:42 pm

Thanks all.  I’m going to wait until we get home, where I have decent tools and a multimeter, before disassembling the contacts. It’s certainly not a mechanical issue.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggie Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:08 pm

This is a common problem across the Mercedes range and we have the same issue on our 2019 Bourton. The remote will unlock the habitation door but doesn’t lock it. I’m not sure if Peugeot based modes are affected.
At our annual habitation service I spoke to our dealer ( The Auto-Sleeper Centre in Derby) and was informed that Auto-Sleepers no longer connect the Hab door to the remote central locking on new models as this is an unresolvable issue between Base vehicle manufacturers and Auto-Sleepers.
Look at it this way, if your base vehicle is a Mercedes, then you are not going to accidentally going to lock yourself out of your vehicle when the central locking resets after 15 seconds. We have decided to leave things the way they are and continue to lock the habitation door manually
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by brains Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:27 pm

When I got home I checked the contacts. On the body I detected voltage pulses when activating the locking. So I took out the contacts on the door, attached to very short wires that disappeared into the frame, so difficult to maintain.  After flexing the wires to check for a loose connection I put it all back.  Locking has been working perfectly ever since! Now I know.

Male

Boggie likes this post

Back to top Go down

HAb door not locking Empty When I got home I checked the contacts. On th

Post by Boggie Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:33 pm

That’s great, do you have photos?
Boggie
Boggie

Male