The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaks potentially under the shower tray

2 posters

Go down

Leaks potentially under the shower tray  Empty Leaks potentially under the shower tray

Post by andy_pennington Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:51 pm

I have a leak which (now) appears to be emanating from under the shower tray in my 2010 Nuevo EL.
I have already checked around the water heater where I first thought the water was coming from, and the water appears when the system is pressurised.
So I think the leak is probably around a push fit connector somewhere under the shower tray, since it appears to be emanating from under the bathroom wall. And annoyingly soaks into the MDF uprights, causing them to swell.

Can anyone shed light please on the following:
- roughly where (or indeed "if") the push-fit connectors are located under the shower tray (I believe there are some) and whether there might be some more accessible ones causing a leak. 
    its not the ones in the moveable shower wall - I have checked via the access panel and its dry
- what the removal sequence is for the bathroom parts to get under the shower tray - unless there is an access panel somewhere?? I can't see one.

Thanks, Andy.
andy_pennington
andy_pennington

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EL
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Leaks potentially under the shower tray  Empty Re: Leaks potentially under the shower tray

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:55 pm

trying to remember, when I had a 2002 Nuevo, I needed to remove the toilet, when I did, I think there were a couple of joints beneath before the pipes ran under the shower tray, might help?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Leaks potentially under the shower tray  Empty Re: Leaks potentially under the shower tray

Post by andy_pennington Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:32 pm

Caslon wrote:trying to remember, when I had a 2002 Nuevo, I needed to remove the toilet, when I did, I think there were a couple of joints beneath before the pipes ran under the shower tray, might help?
That's worth a punt, isn't it... that would be rather helpful to place the joints at a point where there is at least some access. It looks like the loo has to come out as a pre-requisite to removing the shower tray, so I suppose taking it out before anything else might just reveal the issue. 
It's more than slightly annoying that AS use push-fit pipes, rather than jubilee clips, though... all that vibration and ageing plastic is bound to crack them at some point!
Thanks - I will give that a go and see where it leads me...
Meanwhile if anyone has anything  more definite, I would appreciate the input.
andy_pennington
andy_pennington

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EL
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:16 pm

Hi , where the pipes enter the shower room through the wall ,there is a joint just there ,very tight not much spare pipe ,thats where i had the leak ,had to extend the pipe only just enough room on mine to do so!! Best of luck             Regards   Paul wave
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down