The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton toilet flush priming

3 posters

Go down

Bourton toilet flush priming Empty Bourton toilet flush priming

Post by Jimmee Sat May 28, 2022 9:39 am

How do other people prime their toilet flush?  The AS manual says not to travel with more than two litres.  When we arrive on site, the flush will not prime/work with just those two litres.  Even if we put another litre in, it will not flush.  We have to top it right up to 7 litres, then it will work.  This has always been like it.  When we leave the site, we have to pour away all the surplus water.  We don't bother putting toilet rinse in it any more as we have to pour it away.  What a waste and what a bonkers system.  Does anyone else have this problem or is it us?  Are we doing something wrong?  We have owned three motorhomes in 40 years so I thought we knew most stuff about them but this flush system gets to us.  Mr and Mrs Jimmee  P.S.  Just seen a similar question elsewhere on this forum.  It seems the answer is to completely fill the tank as we have been doing in order to prime the system?  What a waste.

Last edited by Jimmee on Sat May 28, 2022 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional wording)
Jimmee
Jimmee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bourton toilet flush priming Empty Re: Bourton toilet flush priming

Post by pstallwood Sat May 28, 2022 5:08 pm

We usually travel with ours full and am not aware of any problems. I wasn't even aware that there was a recommendation not to do this.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2017

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmee Sat May 28, 2022 11:29 pm

Thank you for your interesting reply Peter.  We are only going by what the AS manual says, only travel with two litres.  We assumed that by filling it fully the system would overflow or cause stability problems or something.   Maybe we are being too cautious.  As you have not encountered any problems, perhaps we should try it and post the outcome on the forum.
Jimmee
Jimmee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun May 29, 2022 9:32 am

Now that I know that, with the Thetford flush tank model which I have it's capable of overflowing internally if you travel with more than the recommended maximum of 2 litres, I won't risk further damp damage. It took 5 years before the damp became noticeable, and a further 2 years before I found the cause. 

I'd be carefull, Jimmee!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Sun May 29, 2022 9:53 am

Just had a look at the manual and found the reference to 2 litres. Live and learn!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2017

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmee Mon May 30, 2022 6:58 am

Thank you Cymro and Peter.  Yes we will stick with the advice from AS.  It’s there for a reason.  As you say Peter, learn something every day and if it stops the dreaded damp then that’s got to be good.
Jimmee
Jimmee

Male

Back to top Go down