The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bathroom wash basin

3 posters

Go down

Bathroom wash basin Empty Bathroom wash basin

Post by Our Tilly Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi all.  We have a 2003 nuevo and there has been a crack in the wash basin on the top ridge since we got it - I think it may have been due to the previous owner using it as a lever to get off the loo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .  We recently had a new tap fitted and I have noticed some more very fine crackles.  It may have been caused by the person that fitted the tap but I am not sure.  Can anyone recommend a sealant or something to fill them in just to make it look better.  The lines are very fine but noticeable.

Thanks in anticipation.
Our Tilly
Our Tilly

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Bathroom wash basin Empty Re: Bathroom wash basin

Post by Mike23 Sun May 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Hi, I had a small crack in the sluice behind my sink. I repaired it very satisfactory using Milliput Superfine White. Purchased via eBay, This product has many uses  and is suitable for repairs to upvc sinks and baths etc. I have found it to be an excellent product  and easy to use. This was over a year ago and no problems since. Hope this is of help. Regards
Mike23
Mike23

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Our Tilly Sun May 01, 2022 1:40 pm

Thanks Mike23. - very helpful I will give it a try.  It isnt causing a water leak but spoils the look and we want to keep the old girl looking good.
Our Tilly
Our Tilly

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike23 Sun May 01, 2022 2:16 pm

Hi, As your intended repairs are intended for cosmetic looks you may find, if your sink has faded or even as with some plastics yellowed, that the repair will still be visible as this product dries a brilliant white. Regards
Mike23
Mike23

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun May 01, 2022 3:01 pm

Found out years ago from Eriba dealer that the main culprit for sink discoloration was a chemical reaction to some mouthwashes.
Without removal from van I wouldn't fancy painting one, would be easy enough but only away from van.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Our Tilly Sun May 01, 2022 5:57 pm

Thanks Mike and Ian.  I will give it a go as even if it doesnt exactly colour match it will be better than the black line of the crack and crackles
Our Tilly
Our Tilly

Female

Back to top Go down