The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driveaway awning footprint/groundsheet

2 posters

Go down

Driveaway awning footprint/groundsheet Empty Driveaway awning footprint/groundsheet

Post by Lorfal Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:50 pm

hi , wondering what people use where a site stipulates breathable groundsheet only.?

I have a Vango kela lll, it’s great , always use a footprint to protect the sewn in groundsheet. Never had an issue  with this on any sites. What do  all you chaps and chapessess use if it needs to be breathable ? Bearing in mind the SIG isn’t breathable itself.  scratch head
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Driveaway awning footprint/groundsheet Empty Re: Driveaway awning footprint/groundsheet

Post by Caraman Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:27 pm

Lorfal wrote:hi , wondering what people use where a site stipulates breathable groundsheet only.?

I have a Vango kela lll, it’s great , always use a footprint to protect the sewn in groundsheet. Never had an issue  with this on any sites. What do  all you chaps and chapessess use if it needs to be breathable ? Bearing in mind the SIG isn’t breathable itself.  scratch head
I don't think there is much you can do other than not use an awning with an impervious SIG.  The nearest I had to awning with a SIG was a sleeping compartment hung within an awning.  I lifted the SIG clear of the grass during the day which is why I only used it once.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down