The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS spares dept, excellent service

+3
rgermain
burlingtonboaby
Bilbobaggins
7 posters

Go down

AS spares dept, excellent service Empty AS spares dept, excellent service

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:27 am

Have been washing and polishing WXL over past few days and noticed a split in the cover for the EHU inlet box. Sent an online request to A/S spares dept at 7pm on Sunday. Got a reply and quote at 5.45pm on Monday. Went on to order part at about 6pm. Just been delivered so next job will be to replace damaged one.

Often see comments on fora about poor service but can't fault this. allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

AS spares dept, excellent service Empty Re: AS spares dept, excellent service

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:22 pm

Always given them good reviews BB.  allthumbz
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:51 pm

Yes also always had good service. But do wonder about the £5 p/p on items that cost a couple of pence, so I have ordered more than I need as the p/p is the same.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:38 pm

We are 25 miles to nearest spares shop at Perthshire caravans , so return trip of 50 miles would cost at least £5 in petrol in our Auris hybrid, or probably nearer £10 in diesel if took the Moho so postage reasonable, also SWMBO would see a trip out as excuse for coffee at Glendoick garden centre meaning trip to collect 50p screw (or whatever) would end up costing over £20 biggrin

Donator
Donator

Male

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:17 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:Have been washing and polishing WXL over past few days and noticed a split in the cover for the EHU inlet box. Sent an online request to A/S spares dept at 7pm on Sunday. Got a reply and quote at 5.45pm on Monday. Went on to order part at about 6pm. Just been delivered so next job will be to replace damaged one.

Often see comments on fora about poor service but can't fault this. allthumbz
My cover is also split on the EHU box.  I’m not sure if there are different designs but this is mine.  Is it possible to order and change this cover myself or do I need a full unit (which I couldn’t do).

P.S. yes I know it needs a clean, I’ve just got back from a muddy trip,  it’s on my list  hugegrins 

AS spares dept, excellent service 406fce10
AS spares dept, excellent service 071e0010
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Its a great deal easier to replace the whole assembly. I took the cover off mine a few years ago to repair the spring and had to remove the whole assembly before I could get the cover back on again.

AS it happens I replaced mine last Wednesday with one from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DIF2QGU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It wasn't hard but took some time as I'd glued it on with Sikafelex when I had it off last - that may not be an issue with your metal sided van.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:25 pm

I fear that may be beyond me Peter confused3
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:35 pm

I have still to do the repair, mine is the grey version of the one in your picture. Looking at the new unit the four screws you see under the cover need undone which will allow the whole unit to be removed, it is then a case of undoing the three wires screwed into the unit and reconnecting to the replacement unit.

If you can change a plug then this looks straightforward. The replacement unit from Autosleeper came with a rubber seal to ensure a good fit.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:36 pm

Sally, just to update you I swapped the EHU box this morning, once I found the right size screwdriver it was a 10 minute job. Hardest bit was remembering to feed the new seal over the cable before connecting wires.

Below is photo of the back of the old box, once the cable strap was loosened it was simply a matter of loosening the three electrical connections. As the wires were already cut to size and bent to fit the box reconnection was straightforward. There is a clip on cover to protect the back of the box before replacing in hole in van.

A quick and satisfying fix that would have cost £60+, plus cost of box at dealers 

AS spares dept, excellent service Img_2049

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:54 pm

Looking at the state of it, I would think it has had it's fair share of life and a new one is the best option snigger
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:57 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:Sally, just to update you I swapped the EHU box this morning, once I found the right size screwdriver it was a 10 minute job. Hardest bit was remembering to feed the new seal over the cable before connecting wires.

Below is photo of the back of the old box, once the cable strap was loosened it was simply a matter of loosening the three electrical connections. As the wires were already cut to size and bent to fit the box reconnection was straightforward. There is a clip on cover to protect the back of the box before replacing in hole in van.

A quick and satisfying fix that would have cost £60+, plus cost of box at dealers 

AS spares dept, excellent service Img_2049
Thank you for the update and the photo. I must admit that does look relatively simple. Even for me!
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:40 pm

Well I tried to sign in to order various parts, and it doesn’t recognise the password.  I did the reset password process, it sent me a link to reset……which took me to the normal sign in page!

I have to ring them between 9 and 2.30 to manually order parts.scratch head

Does anyone know if a metre of the corrugated waste and fresh water pipe is long enough on the Duo if I want to replace the existing one?  The van’s in storage and I would prefer not to have to go there and measure, especially in this awful weather.

Thanks
Sally

Last edited by Sally on Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:02 pm

Have you registered before? Without getting under the van, I'm pretty sure a metre is sufficient but why not get 2 metres then if 1 is enough you'll have a spare length for next time (keep the van long enough and there will be a next time).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:11 pm

Paulmold wrote:Have you registered before? Without getting under the van, I'm pretty sure a metre is sufficient but why not get 2 metres then if 1 is enough you'll have a spare length for next time (keep the van long enough and there will be a next time).
Hi Paul - yes, I’ve registered before and purchased from them a couple of times.  Perhaps the spares department can help reset it.

Good idea about getting spare, as you say it will go at another point.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:01 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Its a great deal easier to replace the whole assembly.  I took the cover off mine a few years ago to repair the spring and had to remove the whole assembly before I could get the cover back on again.

AS it happens I replaced mine last Wednesday with one from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DIF2QGU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It wasn't hard but took some time as I'd glued it on with Sikafelex when I had it off last - that may not be an issue with your metal sided van.
Hi Peter - do you happen to know if that’s the same one currently sold by Autosleepers?  It’s £15 on Amazon with free postage (Prime) but nearly £30 on Autosleepers plus postage plus vat on the total. It’s seems a huge difference.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:32 am

Sally wrote:Well I tried to sign in to order various parts, and it doesn’t recognise the password.  I did the reset password process, it sent me a link to reset……which took me to the normal sign in page!

I have to ring them between 9 and 2.30 to manually order parts.scratch head

Does anyone know if a metre of the corrugated waste and fresh water pipe is long enough on the Duo if I want to replace the existing one?  The van’s in storage and I would prefer not to have to go there and measure, especially in this awful weather.

Thanks
Sally
I found 1m a bit tight, I would go for 2m and ditch the leftovers. I did buy mine on eBay and bought a roll of 10m at a good price. It was grey not blue but fitted ok.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:48 am

Sally, I did order the Amazon one before remembering about th A/S service. I have returned it as I wasn't sure the screw holes would line up exactly, and the Amazon one felt like it was made of more brittle plastic when I held them both in my hand if that makes sense. I decided the original as supplied by A/S was worth the extra as it feels better quality and gives me peace of mind, also looks right.

Donator
Donator

Male

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:20 am

Bilbobaggins wrote:Sally, I did order the Amazon one before remembering about th A/S service. I have returned it as I wasn't sure the screw holes would line up exactly, and the Amazon one felt like it was made of more brittle plastic when I held them both in my hand if that makes sense. I decided the original as supplied by A/S was worth the extra as it feels better quality and gives me peace of mind, also looks right.
Those were my thoughts exactly (in advance of ordering one). Thank you.
Sally
Sally

Female

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Harley Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:27 pm

Another thumbs up for Autosleeper spares dept.  Raised query on a small item last Sunday, reply with price same day (Sunday!); paid and goods waiting for me on our return home today.  Excellent service 🙂
Sarah Harley
Sarah Harley

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down