The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:38 am

Hello all , newbie here . Had caravans in the past but treated myself to a motorhome as a retirement gift . Auto sleepers Burford Duo . Bit daunting at first due to length but after our first try out , not so much now . Planning a few local  trips out in the spring ( parked up for the winter now) then off to France . 
Love the van but I think Auto sleepers could alter a couple of things . First ; rotate the plate rack by 90 degrees . Next , dump the bottle holders ( I would never store wine/ drinks in an upper cupboard) and finally relocate the tv sockets to be next to microwave switch. Wiring would then be behind tv ( when fitted) and not next to Hab door . Finally, one key for all the lockers ;(  same size barrels so should be an easy fix ) . All this my personal opinion, others might differ . Nevertheless happy and safe travels to all .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:05 am

Welcome, Coachward.

Why not remove the plate rack and bottle holders? That's what we did as we found them useless and could make better use of the cupboard space without them. They're simple to unscrew and can be refitted come the day you move the van on.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Rdb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 am

asof_welcome2
Of the 3 AS vans we have owned we have always binned their plate and cup racks and fitted our own - the expression used on theirs relates to a chocolate fireguard
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Rdb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:32 am

Hi
Welcome to the forum from Bridington , first thing to remove was the plate holders and wine clasps,no good for Nookie brown cans.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Rdb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Thanks all , I’ve kept the plate rack but turned it 90 degrees . That ok for just 2 of us but am definitely removing the bottle and glass racking ( not keeping the glasses either , not my taste ). . Next / The cloth “ magazine rack” fitted to wardrobes I tried to keep my phone in overnight . No good , slid to bottom so have been to IKEA and bought a small container which has a small hook that fits over edge of said rack and is perfect for my phone . Gotta love ikea for gadgets.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 pm

group_welcome

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Rdb likes this post