The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s me again about the leisure battery ????

+3
burlingtonboaby
Jim3760
Ellie-mae
7 posters

Go down

It’s me again about the leisure battery ???? Empty It’s me again about the leisure battery ????

Post by Ellie-mae Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:27 am

Halfords worse than useless. Just get Call centre with ladies that answer that aren’t filling me with hope…thought there would be some sort of computer programme that you could just type in Peugeot Nuevo Autosleeper and the battery type would flash up…and why doesn’t it?
Local MoHo centres not much better.
Everyone wants me to take a picture of existing leisure battery but does anyone out there know where it is on this model of my van? I think I’ve heard that it may be under front drivers seat? HTF am I meant to do that?
Any further info gratefully received 🙏
Ellie-mae
Ellie-mae

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

It’s me again about the leisure battery ???? Empty Re: It’s me again about the leisure battery ????

Post by Jim3760 Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:56 am

My Neuevo is a lot older than yours (2007) in mine it is in the under bench seat storage next to the wardrobe on the drivers side, I got mine from Halfords off the shelf straight replacement.
Jim3760
Jim3760
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

It’s me again about the leisure battery ???? Empty Re: It’s me again about the leisure battery ????

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:01 am

Oh dear.thought it was a straight forward phone call to your local Halfords.
Your user manual should tell you the location of the the battery, my older model Nuevo had the leisure battery mounted in a battery box under the rear bench seat .
Are you able to drive to a Halford workshop and speak to a techie guy ?., 
As Jim says ,there's usually 12 volt leisure batteries on the store shelve.
My apologies if I've sent you on a wild goose chase, maybe another member can help
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:37 am

My habitation/leisure battery is in a black battery box under the off-side bench seat behind the driver's seat.  You will surely have seen this when you have loaded your motorhome.  There is no battery beneath the driver's seat but there is a vehicle/starter battery under the cab floor on the passenger's side.  

If you need to identify your size and type of leisure battery, remove the lid of its battery box and take a note of what you see along with the dimensions.  In general go for the largest battery that will fit the box.

Battery suppliers like Halfords will not know the size of habitation/leisure battery in any specific motorhome.  They will have to be told this by the customer i.e. you.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Ellie-mae likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:27 am

Last time I had a battery replaced I just drove the van up to the establishment, Selecta or Kwik Fit, I can't remember which, and they replaced it like for like in a few minutes. The price was the same to take away or have them fit it. They also disposed of the old battery FOC.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

Suppersready and Caraman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:35 am

bikeralw wrote:Last time I had a battery replaced I just drove the van up to the establishment, Selecta or Kwik Fit, I can't remember which, and they replaced it like for like in a few minutes. The price was the same to take away or have them fit it. They also disposed of the old battery FOC.
Al.

Saw a motorhome outside my local Halfords only last week with a member of staff carrying a battery inside, when I came out he was carrying the old one back to the shop.

Niall

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:42 pm

To answer your point about searching for a battery, the base vehicle is a Peugeot  Boxer and has its own battery under the floor in the cab area but when Autosleepers do the coachbuilt conversion they fit a leisure battery in one of the lockers. This will be any size and make that suits them at the time and should be in a plastic enclosed box with a vent tube. I am sure Halfords could change it for you assuming they have a leisure battery that will fit in the box which shouldn’t be an issue.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Halfords have a good website with a large selection of own brand vehicle and leisure batteries.
All the battery information is there to view, our local Scarborough Halfords regulary do the task of replacing leisure batteries.
Last time I was in the retail park ,a large American style RV was getting a bank of batteries replaced,all 4 of them.  up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down