The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini

3 posters

Go down

Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini Empty Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini

Post by NickT Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum having only picked the van up at the end of August.
Anyway, all well so far other than the water pump is annoyingly noisy, it sounds like it is loose on its mountings.  I imagine that it is located in the closed space beneath the wardrobe, behind the heater and presumably close to the freshwater tank.
Are any of you able to let me know how to gain access?

Many thanks!
NickT
NickT

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Orian Gemini
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini Empty Re: Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini

Post by Dave 418 Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Not sure if it helps but the pump in our Rienza is under the wardroab floor fastened to the bathroom wall. When first bought the Rienza I was surprised how noisy it is especially when sitting on the toilet. 
When I changed the pump I looked at moving it to another wall but it meant a lot of re plumbing and moving of wiring. It might be me being used to it but the new pump dosnt seem as noisy.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini Empty Re: Access to domestic water pump, Orian Gemini

Post by Slow-Lane Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:42 pm

I think the Orion Gemini is basically the same model as our Pollensa. In ours the pump is under the wardrobe floor. You will need to remove the two brackets that hold the table in place when stored (if yours has these, the Orion may store the table elsewhere). We had to remove the door latch plate from the rail across the front of the wardrobe.  The wardrobe floor is supposed to be held in by several screw things (not sure what the right name is), hidden under brown coloured plastic covers, they turn 1/4 turn to release (a bit like Ikea furniture, if that helps). On ours the panel just lifted out with a bit of jiggling.  Once the wardrobe floor is out of the way the pump should be obvious, sitting on a strip of wood that runs across above the hot water tank. The Shurflow pump is mounted on rubber feet to minimise noise and vibration, and if the mounting screws have been over tightened the damping doesn't work, so this is worth checking. Our pump isn't quiet, but it's not intrusively noisy. Worth checking there aren't any air locks or other probs. with the system in case it's pumping air.  NB if you take the pump out take pics. and make a note of the various wires first as it's easy to muddle them up!
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa

Back to top Go down

Post by NickT Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 am

Many thanks Slow-Lane and Dave 418 that's useful information, gives me a bit more confidence to go and explore.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Orian Gemini

Back to top Go down