The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome

4 posters

Go down

Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome Empty Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome

Post by stephenbarrie Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:44 pm

I have only just joined this forum so am very new to finding my way about it. I have just purchased my very first motorhome, a 2021 Nuevo EK and I am looking to buy a top cover for it to protect the roof and front windscreen during the winter months. I would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks in advance. Stephen.
stephenbarrie
stephenbarrie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome Empty Re: Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi Stephen 
Welcome to the forum from Bridington just over the Humber.personally I would just go for a external thermal windscreen cover, many manufacturers like Silver screens, Taylor-made.
A top cover might scratch your roof vents if not secured correctly.
Hope you don't mind my input .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome Empty Re: Top cover for my new 2021 Nuevo EK motorhome

Post by Askit Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. In addition to the above, a cover would prevent your solar panel from charging your batteries so you would need to find another way of achieving that.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenbarrie Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:23 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Stephen 
Welcome to the forum from Bridington just over the Humber.personally I would just go for a external thermal windscreen cover, many manufacturers like Silver screens, Taylor-made.
A top cover might scratch your roof vents if not secured correctly.
Hope you don't mind my input .
Boaby
Thank you for your welcome, and I welcome your input. I am a complete newbie to motorhomes so I have a lot to learn. Hopefully a few more persons will reply and then, hopefully I will be in a better position to know what to do. I shall have a look on the forum what people have said about those windscreen covers you mentioned. Thanks again.
stephenbarrie
stephenbarrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenbarrie Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Askit wrote:Welcome to the forum. In addition to the above, a cover would prevent your solar panel from charging your batteries so you would need to find another way of achieving that.
Thank you for your welcome Askit. I had forgot about the solar panel. Just shows what a novice I am. Thanks again.
stephenbarrie
stephenbarrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:24 pm

Welcome to the forum and would suggest you take note of Boabys warning. As well as roof vents there is a heating vent. Also think about lifting a one piece cover over the van steps would be needed on both sides to avoid damage to the van.  The only problem we have ever had is getting leaves off the roof courtesy of the 60/70ft trees and we have mastered that a few years ago when we had bigger vans
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:40 am

stephenbarrie wrote:
Askit wrote:Welcome to the forum. In addition to the above, a cover would prevent your solar panel from charging your batteries so you would need to find another way of achieving that.
Thank you for your welcome Askit. I had forgot about the solar panel. Just shows what a novice I am. Thanks again.

Stephen, we have all been novices at some point in our motorhoming lives. There are no silly questions as far as the members of this forum are concerned so if you are stuck with something, need an explanation or advice, just ask. I would suggest you use the search function of the forum though, there is lots of information for those starting out.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenbarrie Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:12 am

Askit wrote:
stephenbarrie wrote:

Stephen, we have all been novices at some point in our motorhoming lives. There are no silly questions as far as the members of this forum are concerned so if you are stuck with something, need an explanation or advice, just ask. I would suggest you use the search function of the forum though, there is lots of information for those starting out.
Thanks for that Askit. I certainly will use the search function.
stephenbarrie
stephenbarrie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stephenbarrie Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:17 am

roli wrote:Welcome to the forum and would suggest you take note of Boabys warning. As well as roof vents there is a heating vent. Also think about lifting a one piece cover over the van steps would be needed on both sides to avoid damage to the van.  The only problem we have ever had is getting leaves off the roof courtesy of the 60/70ft trees and we have mastered that a few years ago when we had bigger vans
Thank you Roli. I was concerned about how I could actually place a cover over the van single handed. I am lucky where I live in that there are no large trees nearby to drop their leaves on the roof.
stephenbarrie
stephenbarrie

Male

Back to top Go down