The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chirp type noise on hook up

3 posters

Go down

Chirp type noise on hook up Empty Chirp type noise on hook up

Post by wilksy Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:52 am

Before I try reading the many manuals I wonder if anybody could point me in the direction of a chirping type noise I here periodically in my Corinium Duo, can't say when I noticed it as I have been busy on other things recently.

The vehicle is parked up outside my house connected to the mains via a hook up lead 24/7, the fridge/freezer says its on auto via the hook up and is cold so the 240V is functioning.

However the chirping noise is still present, when we went away in it a couple of months ago and on hook up there was no chirping.
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Chirp type noise on hook up Empty Re: Chirp type noise on hook up

Post by Cymro Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:11 pm

I suspect that there's no link between being on mains, and the chirping. The most common chirping is, of course, an indicator of low voltage in a replaceable battery - e.g. CO2 alarm or smoke alarm. It's possible that on a 2021 van there are other items similarly powered.

We get one Beep from the microwave when we connect to mains; it's useful to hear it from outside the van, as confirmation of successful connection. But that's not. recurring chirp.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Chirp type noise on hook up Empty Co alarm noise

Post by johndean Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi, 
Had similar noise intermittent from the co alarm above rear door on my 2 year old Fairford , took sometime to workout where it was coming from, the alarm had a non replaceable battery, couldn’t switch it off, didn’t have the little bent pin, made a bent two legged pin to shut it up, contacted alarm company who replaced by return of post because the battery should last I think 6 years. If you saved the little pin for shutting up just insert it and contact I think it was Angel.
John Dean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down