The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"We will respond within 5 days"

+5
bikeralw
rgermain
Kemerton-bath
Askit
Paulmold
9 posters

Go down

"We will respond within 5 days" Empty "We will respond within 5 days"

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:55 pm

That's what the automated response says to a query sent via the website of the Camping and Caravanning Club. 
30 days it took them to reply blaming exceptionally high levels of queries. 
I've been a member of both major clubs for well over 20 years. Both clubs have had exactly the same problems over the past 18 months. They have handled the problems differently,  I know which one I believe has done much better.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

"We will respond within 5 days" Empty Re: "We will respond within 5 days"

Post by Askit Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:50 pm

That's pretty disappointing. I mentioned on another thread that I "enquired" about glitches on their website which left me unable to get info on a CS. I got a phone call from them two days later to discuss it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Paul,

I’ve been disappointed with the C&CC in recent weeks, specifically their continental travel service. We used them to book our Eurotunnel crossings in order to get the 10% discount offered to members. 

The first problem is that you cannot reach them by phone at present, apparently due to the pandemic. Communication is by email instead so there is inevitably a lag in response times. Most of the time that may not be a problem but it’s not great when you need to chase them for your travel documents on the morning of departure.

My main concern however is that the booking reference they provide is not recognisable by Eurotunnel’s online system. Consequently we were unable to log our Passport details with Eurotunnel before travelling outward, and neither were we able to submit online our passenger locator form and vaccination details before returning today. This meant we had to queue in the terminals to be processed manually.

OK, none of it was a showstopper but we were left with the feeling that the C&CC are operating their booking service in a vacuum and didn’t help ease the stress of travelling in this current climate. I think we’ll use the C&MHC next time. At least their call centre staff are on the end of a phone.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:26 pm

When we were at Bude site, I spoke to the wardens about the query I had sent and that I'd not had a reply. When we got home I got an email from the wardens telling me that they had had a surprise visit by a director and had told the director of my query the director asked them for my membership number and told them the club would contact me to discuss it. I'm still waiting for that conversation.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:37 pm

I have been trying to renew our membership with CMC, no luck, spoke to lady online and said cannot take your money, problems with system. She said I could send the form back in the envelope supplied, but I had to put a stamp on it, What after being asked for £54!!!
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:50 pm

It seems to be the way of the world these days.
After eventually (40minutes) getting through to our doctor's surgery, my wife was told to expect a telephone consultation at 2pm, well 2pm has come and gone five times now and still no call.
Another example, I emailed my mobile phone company with a query regarding my contract, and according to their automated reply they value my custom and I will receive a specific answer in two days, that was two weeks ago. They're now going to lose a customer, but do they care? I doubt it..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Covid is a great excuse for everything, for delays and generally garbage service.

Lady G went to the dentist today, notice on door, waiting room is closed please wait outside ring reception and we will let you in as soon as possible. Twenty minutes after her appointment time and standing out in the rain for nearly half an hour they let her in!! Bl&&dy ridiculous! Good news, your teeth are fine but you just got pneumonia!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:57 pm

rgermain wrote:I have been trying to renew our membership with CMC, no luck, spoke to lady online and said cannot take your money, problems with system. She said I could send the form back in the envelope supplied, but I had to put a stamp on it, What after being asked for £54!!!
----------
Richard

I had an email today asking me to login to renew my membership.

Their web site simply refused to accept my password, I tried on my phone too in case it was a browser issue.

In despair I clicked the "lost password" link, even though it it the correct password.

No email ever arrived shrugg
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:40 pm

We only joined C&MC for this year to be able to use CL's.
Haven't done any!
Did on night at York, that's it.
TBH I don't like either club, but that's just me, others swear by them, or at them as above!! hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:42 pm

I have read recently, not sure where, that you can run into complications if you book the tunnel through the clubs, as they don't work weekends and Eurotunnel cannot see your ref No. as Tim says.

This could be a problem if you wanted to change a return booking while away. So it went on to say is it worth the 10% discount, saying that we have always booked with a club and had no problems, but that was before Brexit and Covid.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:48 pm

IanH wrote:We only joined C&MC for this year to be able to use CL's.
Haven't done any!
Did on night at York, that's it.
TBH I don't like either club, but that's just me, others swear by them, or at them as above!! hugegrins
We also joined the CMC to use CL's, so far this year we have spent 25 nights at £11 x 20, and £12 x 5 nights, never use site or commercial ones, so have made a great saving up! :smile!:Also when we did go abroad always used Red pennant ins, may be next year, planning in my head.

Also belong to CCC, but thinking of not renewing next time as we never use any of their sites etc.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:59 pm

Part of my query was about whether sites still had to be prebooked and whether they accepted drop ins. Their receptions remain closed and payments taken directly from your bank on morning of arrival. This system takes away any impulsive ideas you may have of touring. The reply I eventually got today was that all current procedures are remaining for the time being 'to protect their staff and members'. 
The CAMC opened their receptions,  and in many cases their shops, ages ago. The staff accept payment by card or cash, all safely behind screens, something the C&CC never installed as they haven’t opened the receptions.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:22 pm

I’m with the C&CC and I’ve had reason to ring them several times over the last few weeks, mainly to change existing bookings.  I was also ringing them a month or so ago for similar reasons.

I have to say that I’ve had no problems getting through to them by phone on each occasion.  Yes, I’ve occasionally had to wait on hold for a short while, but nothing much.  Then they’ve immediately helped.

Perhaps it makes a difference the day and time we ring.  Or I’ve just been lucky.  Who knows.
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down