The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted

4 posters

Go down

Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted Empty Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted

Post by Slow-Lane Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 am

I'm looking for a couple of replacement latch plates for our 2006 Pollensa. The originals are made of white plastic; I can't find any of the same type or size so I'm posting in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. 
I know I could change to metal latch plates, but the ones I've looked at are all different sizes and ideally I'd like to just replace the damaged ones with a straight swap.

Here's a picture of one of the latch plates, with a ruler showing the centres of the attachment screw slots are 3/4" apart.

Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted Auto-s10

(In case you're wondering, I've glued this one together to photograph it).
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted Empty Re: Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted

Post by Paulmold Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm

The plastic ones are always breaking. Yes the metal ones come in different  sizes but you'll never need to replace again. This listing off ebay shows different sizes if you scroll down to where it shows 'similar items'.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hafele-Striking-Plate-33mm-x-12mm-x-9mm-Screw-Fixing-Nickel-Plated-Finish-/253409105355?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

You'll notice they call them striking plates rather than latch plates, gives a much larger result if you search striking plate.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted Empty Re: Cupboard door latch plate (plastic) wanted

Post by Lucyc1937 Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Same happened to me last week, AS don't have any, I got a grey plastic one from AS, slightly bigger but it does the job,  have also orders a couple of sets of Plastic Roller Catches for Cupboard doors & Locker door white Caravan Motorhome from Kenmore Caravan & Motorhome spares, item number 181153721737 on their Ebay shop. Go on Ebay and find them there.

Peter

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:09 am

Many thanks. I've taken your advice and ordered a couple of metal ones from an eBay seller.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by mry716 Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 pm

Easy enough to make - buy 12" of aluminium angle and 1/2 hour with hacksaw and drill you will 8 for a couple of quid !
mry716
mry716

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down