The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me

2 posters

Go down

Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me Empty Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me

Post by LDPD Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:46 am

We have a 2019 Bourton (latest Mercedes) which we were originally advised to connect to the Mercedes Pro service for a variety of services such as remote checking, map updates, software updates and some other useful apps. This we did and it works fine. But earlier this year Mercedes removed some of the functionality and referred us to third party partners for additional options whilst still retaining the basic vehicle functions. None of the recommended partners responded to a general enquiry. 

More recently I've become aware of people using Mercedes.Me and would interested in knowing what functionality this offers compared with Pro.

My understanding is that Pro is for commercial vehicles (eg AS are Sprinter based) vs  Me for non-commercial vehicles (typically cars)

Can anyone offer any comparison of Me vs Pro?

Any one using Me who can share their experience of it?

Am wondering if a switch to Me would offer any extra benefits.

Any advice appreciated.   

Many Thanks

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me Empty Re: Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me

Post by pstallwood Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:54 pm

I have Mercedes Me for the car. Initially it worked fine but they keep changing things and I have more or less given up with it. I really can't be bothered to find out how to get it working properly again as there was not a lot that I used it for. About the only thing I bother with now is checking the car is still on the drive when I am on holiday.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me Empty Re: Mercedes Pro vs Mercedes.Me

Post by LDPD Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:09 pm

pstallwood wrote:I have Mercedes Me for the car. Initially it worked fine but they keep changing things and I have more or less given up with it. I really can't be bothered to find out how to get it working properly again as there was not a lot that I used it for. About the only thing I bother with now is checking the car is still on the drive when I am on holiday.
Thanks
Interesting.
One thing we've found useful is checking that we've actually closed the cab windows and locked it as well as seeing where it is!

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down