The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step won’t retract

+4
LDPD
Cymro
gef
brains
8 posters

Go down

Step won’t retract Empty Step won’t retract

Post by brains Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:27 pm

My brand new Nuevo is having some major problems on our second trip away.  The Truma control panel is no longer showing any devices so we can’t get any hot water, after numerous attempts to reset etc.

More importantly when we locked the van this morning the step did not retract. Pressing the button similarly does nothing.  There’s no sign of any attempt to move and it seems impossible to manually push the step in, meaning we can’t now drive on the road.  Also starting the engine sounds an alarm but the step stays out.
Help!

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Step won’t retract Empty Re: Step won’t retract

Post by gef Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 pm

It will push in you just need to find the right angle and pressure
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

brains likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:05 pm

Can't help with queries I'm afraid (my Nuevo has different controls, I believe). 

But it's terribly disappointing that you're having these problems with a brand new van. I assume you've been on the phone to the dealer who sold it?  Be firm, and demand action.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brains Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:11 pm

Dealer is Marquis and technicians don’t work at weekends. I don’t have any emergency support number. I will charge any work required to them under the warranty , but it doesn’t help me now! I have a number for a local mobile engineer so that’s my only option at present.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:14 pm

brains wrote:My brand new Nuevo is having some major problems on our second trip away.  The Truma control panel is no longer showing any devices so we can’t get any hot water, after numerous attempts to reset etc.

More importantly when we locked the van this morning the step did not retract. Pressing the button similarly does nothing.  There’s no sign of any attempt to move and it seems impossible to manually push the step in, meaning we can’t now drive on the road.  Also starting the engine sounds an alarm but the step stays out.
Help!
Re the step.
Had same issue when our van was new.
Ours was a blown fuse - ours shows a red led next to the fuse if blown

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:17 pm

Do you have breakdown cover?

The step on our previous van also wouldn't retract and our breakdown company (via Comfort Insurance) sent a recovery agent who was able to sort it (loose connection if I remember correctly). Treated exactly the same as a puncture, engine failure, etc. - no charge to us.
Weegie
Weegie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by brains Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Breakdown cover  is Peugeot, hadn’t really thought of that. 
But I’ve managed a temporary fix.
Could not force the step back, but closer examination revealed a circlip fixing the step support to the motor drive.  Removed the circlip and can now push it back, and tie it in place with string.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 pm

Well done!
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:43 pm

I had a similar problem in the early days which was caused by the 12V No 10 10A fuse on the EC700 repeatedly blowing (its obvious if it's blown as the LED will show red).  I now carry a substantial number of these fuses in case the problem reoccurs.  It stopped the step working and put a fault on the Truma CP which required me to go through a reset procedure on the Combi's printed circuit board (PCB) which I was guided through on the phone by my distant Marquis dealer.  Sargent eventually recommended changing the 'step run time' under 'advanced settings' on the EC700 CP to 3000 ms which seemed to cure it.  I know of at least one other Forum member who had the same problem but of course your problem may be different.  The first thing to do is check the EC700's 12V fuses.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by brains Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:43 pm

Thank you Caraman, that was the problem. Used the spare 10A fuse to fix it, but I certainly intend travelling with a set of spares in the future. I did also lose all my hot water and heating, which I thought was coincidental, but having fixed the step it has magically restored the Truma operations, although the two really should not be linked. 
How do you access advanced settings on the EC700?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:58 pm

brains wrote:Thank you Caraman, that was the problem. Used the spare 10A fuse to fix it, but I certainly intend travelling with a set of spares in the future. I did also lose all my hot water and heating, which I thought was coincidental, but having fixed the step it has magically restored the Truma operations, although the two really should not be linked. 
Your EC700 Control Panel (CP) above the habitation door next to the Truma CP may be a later version than mine.  On mine, if you hold the settings button down for up to 10 seconds 'advanced settings' will appear rather than the normal settings shown in the EC700 Harmony manual.  Advanced setting has two pages.  The 'step run time' advanced setting appears on the second page.  If you change it to 3000 ms, I suggest you make a note of its current setting incase you need to change it back again.  As I said before, I got through quite a few fuses before Sargent recommended changing the step run time.  From memory I think I always got the fault code on the Truma CP when the fuse went which stopped the heating and hot water from working but I didn't always have to go through the tedious reset procedure on the Combi to clear it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerD Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:13 pm

Caraman wrote:
brains wrote:Thank you Caraman, that was the problem. Used the spare 10A fuse to fix it, but I certainly intend travelling with a set of spares in the future. I did also lose all my hot water and heating, which I thought was coincidental, but having fixed the step it has magically restored the Truma operations, although the two really should not be linked. 
Your EC700 Control Panel (CP) above the habitation door next to the Truma CP may be a later version than mine.  On mine, if you hold the settings button down for up to 10 seconds 'advanced settings' will appear rather than the normal settings shown in the EC700 Harmony manual.  Advanced setting has two pages.  The 'step run time' advanced setting appears on the second page.  If you change it to 3000 ms, I suggest you make a note of its current setting incase you need to change it back again.  As I said before, I got through quite a few fuses before Sargent recommended changing the step run time.  From memory I think I always got the fault code on the Truma CP when the fuse went which stopped the heating and hot water from working but I didn't always have to go through the tedious reset procedure on the Combi to clear it.
Hi Caraman, greatful that you posted this info as I have had exactly the same problem, can you please tell me what your original step run time was before you changed it as mine is 6000 Ms at he moment.
Many thanks again for your post
RogerD
RogerD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:23 pm

6000 sounds familiar but it was 2 years ago and I honestly can’t remember.  Whatever it was previously set to was the ‘normal’ setting so if yours is 6000 that’s probably what mine was.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:39 pm

I wonder if a Peugeot backed breakdown cover will deal with the conversion side. I would go for another breakdown along side the Peugeot, in my case Britannia Rescue (LV).

When I asked Peugeot about paintwork check during a service they said they didn't do it due to AS drilling numerous holes etc!.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down