The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working

3 posters

Go down

Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working Empty Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working

Post by Langreed Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:00 pm

Our Broadway fb was delivered new (a 2020 build suspended at dealer by lockdowns) 
in April 21. 
Remote fob has different buttons to open cab doors 
and the habitation door. All has worked perfectly for 
3 months. But now the hab door won’t open or lock remotely. 
Requires use of the manual key. Cab doors unaffected. And though the hab 
door won’t lock or open on the fob button press the step still extends and retracts 
 to the button presses as before. 
Dealer a long way away and it’s an irritating not a 
disabling  issue worth a special warranty visit in season. 
Anyone any advice on what to check or do?  
Is there a separate fuse for the Habitation door 
remote operation? Are there accessible contacts in the
hab door lock to check or clean?
Any help gratefully received.
Langreed
Langreed

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway fb
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working Empty Re: Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working

Post by Wearsider Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:26 pm

WD40 on all lock contacts is a regular routine for me to ensure habitation central locking keeps working.
Wearsider

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working Empty Re: Central Locking of Hab Door Stopped Working

Post by Langreed Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Thanks. Will definitely try that.  WD40 was of course an indispensable aid applied to the distributor cap of the first 1960s Minis to keep them going in the rain so why not a 21st century hab door?
Langreed
Langreed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:33 am

I also had this.  The two contact pins are sprung and on mine one went stiff and stopped making contact.  WD40 freed up the spring.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Langreed Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:04 pm

That sounds plausible. Can you help further?  Looking for location of the contact pins: in the door I presume ( not on the frame?). 
Everything is buried in the door trim plastic. Have squirted wd40 wherever there’s a gap to no effect yet. On my last Motorhome the contacts were visible and could be adjusted. Where exactly are the two sprung pins on your Nuevo to compare with my Broadway? 
Thanks for your help.
Langreed
Langreed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:29 pm

Langreed wrote:That sounds plausible. Can you help further?  Looking for location of the contact pins: in the door I presume ( not on the frame?). 
Everything is buried in the door trim plastic. Have squirted wd40 wherever there’s a gap to no effect yet. On my last Motorhome the contacts were visible and could be adjusted. Where exactly are the two sprung pins on your Nuevo to compare with my Broadway? 
Thanks for your help.
The two square sprung pins are one on top of the other at the bottom of the habitation door just below its lower hinge.  The pins touch two square fixed metal contacts in the door frame when the door is closed thus making the circuit.  The pins and contacts are made of shiny metal.  If you have the same door, which I expect you have, it should be the same.  You can see the door on my avatar.

Hope this helps.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Langreed Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Brilliant. Found them. 
Thank you so much.
Langreed
Langreed

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Langreed Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Solved. Cleaned contacts once identified,  then leant on bottom of door while operating the remote. Bingo. Tried again without pressure on door and it still worked. Door mayb need adjusted soon to pull it in slightly. Not obvious how to do that but now know what the issue is. Thanks to all for invaluable help. 
Off on holiday tomorrow in the van. Good to have things all working!
Langreed
Langreed

Male

Back to top Go down