The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken step on Pollensa

3 posters

Go down

Broken step on Pollensa Empty Broken step on Pollensa

Post by Poppythepeugot Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Just pulled up to my campsite and when I tried to pull the step down (it’s not automatic) it broke and just fell on the floor. Got under it to see and saw the spring had popped off on one side. Got that fixed but it still won’t retract and it’s sitting uselessly on the floor. I’ve got zip ties, happy to fix but worried that since it won’ t retract properly then that awful alarm will go off when I start the engine. Any help gratefully appreciated including how to disable alarm off I can’t get it properly retracted. This is my first proper outing in her!
Poppythepeugot
Poppythepeugot

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Broken step on Pollensa Empty Re: Broken step on Pollensa

Post by Slow-Lane Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:36 pm

The alarm is triggered by a push button on the step mounting. When the step is retracted it pushes the button in, so it should be possible to use e.g., gaffer tape to hold the switch in until you can get the step fixed. Alternatively you could look for the relay that works that circuit and disconnect the relevant wire. It's near the batteries under the driver's seat. 

Wiring diagram, in case it's helpful (step stuff is top right):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2006

RCBirmingham likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:28 am

Note the wiring diagram above is for electric powered steps fitted from 2003 onwards - your 2001 Pollensa has a manual step as you mentioned in your post, same as ours, and is not connected to the hab relays under the driver's seat.  

There is still a switch to operate the alarm so the suggestion of fixing that with gaffer tap or a cable tie is still correct, otherwise the alarm buzzer itself is located behind the dash on the passenger side, on ours it was just loose and could be accessed from the passenger footwell area without removing any of the dash, so you could simply remove and tape over one of the wires from that. 

I think the electrical connection for the manual step is connected to the fuse box in the glove box, on one of the fused connections that becomes live when the ignition is turned on but I'm not sure which number, however it is likely to be piggy-backed to another function so probably not a good idea to remove the fuse.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Poppythepeugot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:38 am

Hi, sorry to have posted the wrong wiring diagram; it's the one from our 2006 Pollensa's A-S handbook. although post 2003 our Pollensa doesn't have an electrically powered step, I assumed this was an optional extra.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2006

Poppythepeugot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppythepeugot Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Thanks for everyone's input, I worked out that a washer had snapped leaving to much play in the step so it had dropped out. Took it tj the garage for some percussive maintenance ( he hit it with a Mallet 😂) but it's done the trick! Now I need to fix my leaky sink!
Poppythepeugot
Poppythepeugot

Female

Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down