The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned threads

3 posters

Go down

Abandoned threads Empty Abandoned threads

Post by Gromit Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Is it just me, or do others find it discourteous when members ask a question, then abandon the thread? 

It's not usually established members who do this, but it is irritating when you intend to respond with (hopefully) the solution to a problem, only to find the thread was first posted months or years ago and then abandoned. In the meantime several members are likely to have offered suggestions, and been ignored!

Later on it also results in other helpful members resurrecting a "dead" thread, on which still more will then waste their time in trying to offer suggestions.

Of course the information in the thread may well be useful to others, but it costs the OP only ten seconds to post a note of thanks!  shrugg
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

mikethebike, rgermain, Bobskate, Paramedic, RogerThat, Tinwheeler, Dbvwt and like this post

Back to top Go down

Abandoned threads Empty Re: Abandoned threads

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:33 am

It happens on other forums too, Gromit. I think it's rude.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:02 am

I agree Dave
I can think of several occasions where I've spent quite some time answering a query from a newbie, can easily be 20mins to 1/2 hr if some research is needed, only to never hear from them again.
I could even tolerate it if they used my advice and fixed their problem
On the other hand, what can we do about it? The whole point of this is to offer help, if you can, to others who need it?? confused3
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:06 am

IanH wrote:I agree Dave
I can think of several occasions where I've spent quite some time answering a query from a newbie, can easily be 20mins to 1/2 hr if some research is needed, only to never hear from them again.
I could even tolerate it if they used my advice and fixed their problem
On the other hand, what can we do about it? The whole point of this is to offer help, if you can, to others who need it?? confused3
Hope some of the ignorant b'stards read this thread, and take note!! 

It won't stop any of our ever helpful members offering advice, but it does get up my nose at times!!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Cymro and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down