The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EB

3 posters

Go down

Broadway EB Empty Broadway EB

Post by CJ1949 Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:26 am

Next year I'm considering changing my 2019 Bourton with it's Mercedes Auto (which is excellent complete with electronic parking break) to a new Broadway EB with the new Fiat Automatic.

I was wondering if anyone got/tried the new Fiat auto box and does the Fiat vehicle still have a pull up style parking handbrake?
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Broadway EB Empty Re: Broadway EB

Post by gemdeco Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:16 am

Hi
     I presume you do not like the Mercedes electric hand brake why is that? I find it easier than stretching down to the floor are you aware from my posts there is a possible recall on your Bourton to check the brakes see my post
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:53 am

I've got the Fiat auto and I'd say, so far, the 9 speed TC box is as good as Merc's offering. Unfortunately, rather than the fold down style centre mounted handbrake found on previous Mercs, the hard to reach pull up handbrake is still to be found on the offside.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ1949 Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm

gemdeco wrote:Hi
     I presume you do not like the Mercedes electric hand brake why is that? I find it easier than stretching down to the floor are you aware from my posts there is a possible recall on your Bourton to check the brakes see my post
Regards
Alan

Sorry you miss understand I really like the Mercedes Auto with the electronic brake on my Bourton
Hope there is one on the Fiat?
One of my previous MH had an handbrake that was low down & difficult to release. The wife hated driving it and had real difficulties using it.
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:55 pm

To clarify my post above, no, the Fiat does not have the electronic handbrake.

It is easier to use on the auto version as there is no need to be stretching to the left for either the gear lever or clutch pedal at the same time as leaning to the right to release the handbrake.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down