The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E-bike lift

3 posters

Go down

E-bike lift Empty E-bike lift

Post by lcparker Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:37 pm

I would like to fit a Fiamma Carry-Bike Lift 77 E-Bike (https://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/Fiamma-Carry-Bike-Lift-77.html) in place of the existing Fiamma bike rack on my Nuevo 2007.  Unfortunately the vertical spacing of the brackets on the van is about 45cm and the instructions for the bike lift says that the minimum spacing needs to be 68cm.  Can new brackets be fitted lower down or is there another way round the problem?  Any suggestions?

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES LP
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

E-bike lift Empty Re: E-bike lift

Post by Boggie Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi,
You will probably obscure your number plate if you mount the bike rack low down, so you would need to relocate it and the electrics, or add  towing electrics so that you could hang a trailer board with number plate and lights.
I would also recommend that you check with AS what maximum weight can be hung on the rear wall of your motorhome, as an auto lift sounds like it would be a heavy piece of kit.
Boggie
Boggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 am

Hello..... a friend had one fitted to his Hymer in place of the existing rack.   I can't remember accurately about the details but it was done with a lower mount.   The upper mounts were in the same position.   The rack would only hide the number plate when it was in the "down" (loading position) but when the bikes are loaded and hoisted, there is no obstruction.    It was not noticeably heavier.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by lcparker Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:08 pm

BobK wrote:Hello..... a friend had one fitted to his Hymer in place of the existing rack.   I can't remember accurately about the details but it was done with a lower mount.   The upper mounts were in the same position.   The rack would only hide the number plate when it was in the "down" (loading position) but when the bikes are loaded and hoisted, there is no obstruction.    It was not noticeably heavier.

Thanks BobK, it looks like I'll have to go and talk to a motorhome workshop to see what they can do to put some mounts further down.  It would be great if they can.  I did wonder if it's possible to use the existing mountings to fix some longer bars that the rack could be attached to.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES LP
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 pm

On reflection..your idea about existing mounts and longer bars makes sense. Sorry I cannot remember my friend's set up. Hope you get it sorted.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

bernieproberts likes this post

Back to top Go down