The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model

3 posters

Go down

Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model Empty Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model

Post by Goosetheman Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:54 am

Hi, with the weather what it is in the UK, I want to invest in some storm straps to hold down the pull out awning for our Hamsphire 2009 model. Any suggestions?

I've seen some that slot into the awning rail, but don't want to buy the wrong ones. All advise welcome

Last edited by Goosetheman on Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
Goosetheman
Goosetheman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model Empty Re: Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model

Post by j8snl Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:41 am

Hi Giisetheman, welcome to the forums.

I'm unsure and you don't mention which awning the Hampshire has.  I recently bought the Thule Hold Down Kit (Thule 307916) for my Omnistor fitted to my 2016 Broadway.

This kit fits many of the Thule awnings if that's what you have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You'll see a nice closeup in the second picture to know if that's the right connection for you.  

I confirm this really helps with our windier weather.

Hope that helps.
j8snl
j8snl

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model Empty Re: Awning Storm Straps - Hampshire 2009 Model

Post by RML Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:19 pm

I would buy the one manufactured for your make of awning. We also use these. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Once fixed you can carefully move the foot out to pack the awning away and refit it again in exactly the same place.  
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down