The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent

4 posters

Go down

nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent Empty nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent

Post by Allan Fri May 14, 2021 4:49 pm

The ceiling shower light in my 2013 Nuevo EK is acting temperamentally. It switches itself off after a few seconds (10 - 15?) - is there a way of solving the problem without having to replace the whole unit? Is it a simple job?
Allan
Allan

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent Empty Re: nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent

Post by Molly3 Fri May 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Could be rusty bulb holder contact ,bulb on its way out , loose wire ,faulty on off switch,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent Empty Re: nuevo (EK 2013) bathroom light - intermittent

Post by inspiredron Fri May 14, 2021 11:05 pm

Do you have the LED or fluorescent version?  My van has mostly Lumo LED ceiling lights but th etwo in the bathroom were both fluorescent and one of them failed completely after about 18 months. I wa slucky in that Lumo (very reluctantly) replaced it with a new LED version in the same round housing. I keep meaning to strip out the innards of the dead fluorescent and put some LED strip in to replace it.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by peterdavison Sat May 15, 2021 3:01 pm

The switch went on mine. I replaced it with a new unit from Autosleepers which is LED and gives a brighter light. Easy to install once I had worked out how to remove the old one. Had to prise out the “ glass “ from the chrome plastic rim to get at the screws.
peterdavison
peterdavison

Male

Auto-Sleeper : lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat May 15, 2021 7:03 pm

peterdavison wrote:The switch went on mine. I replaced it with a new unit from Autosleepers which is LED and gives a brighter light. Easy to install once I had worked out how to remove the old one. Had to prise out the “ glass “ from the chrome plastic rim to get at the screws.
No need to prise.  The 3 cli[ps are equally spaced around the rim with one diametrically opposite the switch.  Gentle persuasion gets that one out first.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Molly3 likes this post

Back to top Go down