The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinium FB/DUO

3 posters

Go down

Corinium FB/DUO Empty Corinium FB/DUO

Post by Phil j Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Had our Broadway EB for 3yrs now and absolutley love it ,But we like the idea of not having to make a bed every night (just lazy really) starting to look at the corinium Duo / FB for extra space beds etc any pros and cons to look out for. I only really have two slight reservations,rear end overhang it just looks so long ! and the fact that LPG is becoming as rare as rocking horse poop,(yes i know i have all the apps) quite fancy an automatic are they any good ?
look foward to your input and advise
cheers
phil
Phil j
Phil j

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Corinium FB/DUO Empty Re: Corinium FB/DUO

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:43 pm

youll like the nine speeder on a Fiat Chassis...just check you can go all the way with a heavy chassis (4250kg) and stay away from the 
light chassis with that massive overhang (effect on rear axle)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:17 pm

I have owned my FB for four years and despite the rear overhang I have never had any issues, Its just something you have to be aware of.
More attention is needed when manoeuvring as the sharper you make a turn the further the rear end kicks out, but again I’ve had no mishaps and you soon adapt.
The rear wheels cannot be removed without first taking the wheel arches off ( three screws ), this may have been changed/updated on later models but best to check, not that it’s complicated.
As BB has mentioned 3500kg std could be an issue, I went for the 4000kg upgrade.
Ensure the draw below the wardrobe ( FB only ) nearest the bedroom door is shut securely before driving off,  otherwise it will open resulting in a lock out.
The bed is quoted as being 6’ 2” in length. If you are near this height then carefully Check this out for suitability, most people don’t sleep with their head against the headboard !
I have moved the position of the bathroom towel holder as it just gets in the way, also the soap holder is the same in my opinion.
If ordering new tell them you want two TVs throwing in, one for the lounge and bedroom. I did and the sales man didn’t batter an eyelid replying no problem ( maybe I was just lucky  ) he did offer the smaller size Avtex but my request of the 22inch was agreed.

Overall I love the van and if you’ve been in one i don’t need to mention the internal benefits. I’m due to change this year and I will probably order a another Corinium.

Niall

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 am

We have the auto in our Warwick and the 9 speed TC box is all you could want it to be. There's no hunting around for gears as there's one to cope with every eventuality. It's smooth and seamless. 

Some folk say the auto gearbox is the best thing about the Fiat van. I couldn't possibly comment. biggrin
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil j Thu May 20, 2021 8:42 pm

Went to get a small warranty job done on our "EB" today ended up putting deposit on a Corinium Duo (just gone into production for dealer order) with fiat 9 speed 160phb auto box and 4000kg chasis hope to pick up mid july  depending on DVLA rolleyes , just a tad excited  smile!

phil
Phil j
Phil j

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri May 21, 2021 12:07 am

Congratulations .... We should hopefully be as excited as you soon smile!

Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil j Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:05 pm

IT has arrived at the dealers!!  we have decided to wait for september pick up as the DVLA are a tad slow at the atm just waiting for reg numbers to be released .  we went and had a nose around it yesterday ... luuverly!! roll on early september  just a tad excited we is  smile!
Phil j
Phil j

Male

Davo and Suppersready like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil j Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 pm

Said our goodbyes to the EB today

picked up our new Corinium Duo, early days but so far so good the 9 speed auto is lovely to drive  going on a "shakedown" trip tomorrow  bit sad i know but looking forward to not having to make my bed up  smile!
Phil j
Phil j

Male

Back to top Go down