The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obtaining LPG

+16
gassygassy
roli
Peter Parkes
Richard G
Eltel
Paulmold
Dbvwt
fred1
Norris
Bobskate
Rotorheadray
pompeymike
rgermain
Paramedic
Tinwheeler
Peter styles
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obtaining LPG  Empty Obtaining LPG

Post by Peter styles Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:18 pm

I thought it was a great design to have an internal LPG tank but as yet have been unable to find a source of supply to fill it. It seems Shell garages are no longing selling it, and I have found that the LPG apps and web sites seem to have out dated information. So far I have had to survive with no gas. Has any else had this difficulty but better still can anyone help please? I have a New Nuevo and am feeling somewhat despondent. I live in Surrey but have also searched in West Sussex.
Peter styles
Peter styles

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EKESLT
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Obtaining LPG  Empty Re: Obtaining LPG

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:00 pm

This is a duplicate.

Replies are in the other thread.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:55 am

Peter styles wrote:I thought it was a great design to have an internal LPG tank but as yet have been unable to find a source of supply to fill it. It seems Shell garages are no longing selling it, and I have found that the LPG apps and web sites seem to have out dated information. So far I have had to survive with no gas. Has any else had this difficulty but better still can anyone help please? I have a New Nuevo and am feeling somewhat despondent. I live in Surrey but have also searched in West Sussex.
Perhaps like us, you'll travel any distance for LPG as in the past it was Southampton. So if practical for you, Caravan Boat Club, Bell Lane, Birdham, Near Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 7HY. We found this only recently and only 5 miles from home. Minimum spend £10. Drive in and stop at the Calor Gas tank and someone will appear to serve you.

Last edited by Paramedic on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add last sentence.)

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:40 am

Paramedic wrote:
Peter styles wrote:I thought it was a great design to have an internal LPG tank but as yet have been unable to find a source of supply to fill it. It seems Shell garages are no longing selling it, and I have found that the LPG apps and web sites seem to have out dated information. So far I have had to survive with no gas. Has any else had this difficulty but better still can anyone help please? I have a New Nuevo and am feeling somewhat despondent. I live in Surrey but have also searched in West Sussex.
Perhaps like us, you'll travel any distance for LPG as in the past it was Southampton. So if practical for you, Caravan Boat Club, Bell Lane, Birdham, Near Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 7HY. We found this only recently and only 5 miles from home. Minimum spend £10. Drive in and stop at the Calor Gas tank and someone will appear to serve you.
Thank you Colin, it's great to know they are still there, got them on my list up!

Will have to let my gas get low, never been able to get £10 worth in so far, even with the red led glowing bright.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by pompeymike Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 am

Just FYI and I realise it's not close to the original poster (i.e. Surrey) but might be useful for rgermain in Havant. The Esso filling station in Green Road Portsmouth has an LPG pump. I'm lucky as it's very close to my home.
pompeymike
pompeymike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2 EK
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:49 am

Hi Richard, yes I understand you take the opportunity to top up where possible on your journeys. Most sensible when LPG is becoming less available so you're less likely to have space to take on £10 worth say, about 15 litres? We became desperate when our Thetford fridge freezer packed up due to what was found to be a faulty A/C element. LPG at Birdham was a late discovery after Southampton. Regards Colin.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:53 am

pompeymike wrote:Just FYI and I realise it's not close to the original poster (i.e. Surrey) but might be useful for rgermain in Havant. The Esso filling station in Green Road Portsmouth has an LPG pump. I'm lucky as it's very close to my home.
Thanks pompeymike, I understand Richard is aware of this location as he advised me recently.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotorheadray Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:06 am

Morning everyone.  Pease Pottage services on M23 have LPG.  I'll put this in the other post too
Rotorheadray
Rotorheadray

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Peter styles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:12 am

And I have just spoken to Parkfoot at West Malling and they have it.

I know it’s a bit out of the OP area but good info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Peter styles likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 am

Paramedic wrote:
pompeymike wrote:Just FYI and I realise it's not close to the original poster (i.e. Surrey) but might be useful for rgermain in Havant. The Esso filling station in Green Road Portsmouth has an LPG pump. I'm lucky as it's very close to my home.
Thanks pompeymike, I understand Richard is aware of this location as he advised me recently.
Thank you, used it last month smile! smile!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Obtaining LPG  Empty LPG where to find

Post by Norris Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi I use an app mylpg.eu for both android and apple. Not failed me yet on where they hide.Shows several around the Surry area. smile!
Norris
Norris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by fred1 Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:24 pm

TRY THE SHELL GARAGE IN GUILFORD GU1 1DL
fred1
fred1

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2005

Lancy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:34 pm

fred1 wrote:TRY THE SHELL GARAGE IN GUILFORD GU1 1DL

Is that a confirmed site Fred?

If it is still in operation that would be great as I use that route. My usual Shell site on the same route closed in November last year.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by fred1 Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:44 pm

I  cant confirm I Googled LPG in Surrey and that one came up their phone No is  01483 458442 also try shell in Esher KT10 9TL Phone 0208398 2977 second one said LPG available but I cant confirm it
fred1
fred1

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2005

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:54 pm

Shell in Guildford does not show on any of the apps. Cobham Sainsbury listed but shows pump out of order. Services on M3 confirmed as having.
Shell Fleet confirmed only yesterday on Filllpg.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Obtaining LPG  Empty Obtaining LPG

Post by Peter styles Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks to all who have contributed and it seems as if many of us are having the same problem. It appears that ALL Shell garages have stopped this service and many outlets listed on the apps suggested no longer operate, outlets are few and far between! I did manage to find some on the north bound M3 at Fleet services. 
I rather think that as many new Autosleepers are being made to require pumped auto gas that perhaps they could suggest their main dealers install Autogas pumps, otherwise I fear the problem may well  increase.
Peter styles
Peter styles

Male

gassygassy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:01 pm

Just a thought how easy would it be to convert both the heating and cooking to diesel ?

And at what cost ?
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:07 am

Morrisons in Minehead have 2 pumps!
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:51 am

Eltel wrote:Just a thought how easy would it be to convert both the heating and cooking to diesel ?

And at what cost ?

I think that question may have been answered somewhere in a thread I recently started. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 am

with the app info in this thread it should be straightforward enough to find LPG along the route of our proposed tour...these outlets may be a few miles from home and this is where the concern comes in..
there isnt an outlet on our doorstep.
things are changing but there are literally hundreds of open outlets across the uk and a bit of forward thinking should accommodate most of us.
of course, if you tour beyond La Manche LPG is still hugely plentiful as, with many more remote communities, gas (bottled and LPG tanks) is a key part of the domestic infrastructure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obtaining LPG  Empty Reply to all

Post by Peter styles Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:35 am

Thanks to all who have contributed and it seems as if many of us are having the same problem. It appears that ALL Shell garages have stopped this service and many outlets listed on the apps suggested no longer operate, outlets are few and far between! I did manage to find some on the north bound M3 at Fleet services. 
I rather think that as many new Autosleepers are being made to require pumped auto gas that perhaps they could suggest their main dealers install Autogas pumps, otherwise I fear the problem may well  increase.
Peter styles
Peter styles

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:46 am

It does seem to be worse in certain reas , one such area being the south-east especially  around the capital. Ive still got 10 outlets within a 10 mile radius but none in my actual town so I just know where they are and it just depends which direction I'm heading as to which station I use, price doesn't  come into it as the difference  between 10 litres at 59p and 10 litres at 79p is only £2, they could charge £2 per litre and it would still be cheaper than a Calor bottle. Talking of Calor bottles the Calor dealer in my town has swopped to Flogas so I'd be stuck if I needed to swop a bottle.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:53 am

Peter, if you can find an LPG station within 10 miles that (say) covers all your trips south or west, and another that covers all trips north and east then this should cover most eventualities.
we must happen to have one that covers all out south and eastern journeys which also coversthose to the local ferry crossing.
a bit of research should hopefully provide you with two or three 'bankers' which cover most directions from home.
Flogas was also mentioned above...as well as supplying retain outlets they also have a network of locked, members only, pumps (farmers etc) but it is possible to join and get a key and set up an account, i am a member..
i dont think we need to be too concerned yet although the landscape is changing a bit..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:29 am

bolero boy wrote:Peter, if you can find an LPG station within 10 miles that (say) covers all your trips south or west, and another that covers all trips north and east then this should cover most eventualities.
we must happen to have one that covers all out south and eastern journeys which also coversthose to the local ferry crossing.
a bit of research should hopefully provide you with two or three 'bankers' which cover most directions from home.
Flogas was also mentioned above...as well as supplying retain outlets they also have a network of locked, members only, pumps (farmers etc) but it is possible to join and get a key and set up an account, i am a member..
i dont think we need to be too concerned yet although the landscape is changing a bit..
I found one down your way on our recent run from Dorset to Bristol.

It was at the Esso Garage just outside Yeovil on route back to Dorchester, only problem when I checked the till ticket, they added 39p for charity without asking me, never ever had that done to me before.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:20 am

the Esso station on th A303 at Podimore Cross is the handiest for me going south or east and just happens to be the cheapest around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum