The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Broadway EK Habitation Door Step

5 posters

Go down

2016 Broadway EK  Habitation Door Step Empty 2016 Broadway EK Habitation Door Step

Post by Tigerfish Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 pm

Having woken my 2016 Broadway EK up from its 5 month slumber (And Yes - The Vehicle battery was dead) Now recharged and seems to be holding, the Only problem that I have is that Habitation door retractable step won't Retract- Either on the button or by starting the engine.  It deploys immediately so there is power there but refuses to retract.  I have to push it in manually.
All the dealers around are fully booked and the earliest I can get anyone to look at it is July!!!
They say that it sounds like the relay, but where is that and how easy is it to fix it?

TF
Tigerfish
Tigerfish

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleeper Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

2016 Broadway EK  Habitation Door Step Empty Re: 2016 Broadway EK Habitation Door Step

Post by gef Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:23 pm

If it was the same as my nuevo it's a fuse but as dealer did it i don't know which one but could be in your manual
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2016 Broadway EK  Habitation Door Step Empty Re: 2016 Broadway EK Habitation Door Step

Post by Tigerfish Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:35 pm

But surely as it deploys normally it must have power to it , so I would have thought unlikely to be a fuse - unless there are different ones for in and out?

TF
Tigerfish
Tigerfish

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm

I have the same model, same year and also had a problem with the step retracting but this was because the battery voltage was low. When I started the engine it retracted and when I charged the battery it worked fine. Maybe it’s just a bit sticky and if you do a search on the forum you will find advice on how to clean up the mechanism.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:56 pm

Some years ago i had that problem on my Nuevo, luckily the day before driving to Willersey for habitation service. There is a small push button changeover switch that pops up when the step is out and is pushed in mechanically when it is folded in. It's purpose is to reverse step motor direction. The little button was lubricated and it has worked perfectly ever since. As I recall the button is just behind the left hand side of the step. I'll try to remember to post a photo.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerfish Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:40 am

Born-again was right!  The leisure battery must have been a bit down, because after a few days on EHU the step is working fine again!  So much for all the dealers that told me I needed a new relay!

TF
Tigerfish
Tigerfish

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by davecrawf Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:57 am

Not so sure about the battery being at fault.
I had the same problem and used WD40, which solved the problem, but only for a short while. My local dealer then used WD40 lithium grease when they carried out the last habitation check. The result has been no further issues, and I now use this wonderful product when carrying out my own maintenance. 
Even if it was the battery at fault I would still recommend using this grease for regular maintenance of the step.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down