The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face

+2
burlingtonboaby
Vaughandennis
6 posters

Go down

Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face Empty Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face

Post by Vaughandennis Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi Folks,
Has anyone experienced fitting a Thule Ominster 5200 awning to a 2 berth Neuvo (2006)?
If so, can you clarify the correct fixing adaptor(s) to use?
I'm assuming it will be face fixed, but you have the problem of the raised bead and only about 80mm of flat wall face above and how you access the fixing bolts inside the motorhome?
Would really appreciate any suggestions[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vaughandennis
Vaughandennis

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face Empty Re: Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi there 
Welcome to the forum from misty Bridington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Vaughandennis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face Empty Re: Fitting Thule Ominster awning to wall face

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:29 pm

Vaughandennis wrote:Hi Folks,
Has anyone experienced fitting a Thule Ominster 5200 awning to a 2 berth Neuvo (2006)?
If so, can you clarify the correct fixing adaptor(s) to use?
I'm assuming it will be face fixed, but you have the problem of the raised bead and only about 80mm of flat wall face above and how you access the fixing bolts inside the motorhome?
Would really appreciate any suggestions[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nuff said.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by davemarshall Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi, we have a Fiamma 2.5m fitted to our 2006 Nuevo ES and the bolts are visible through approx 1" diameter holes inside the N/S lockers. The holes are covered with plastic bungs to hide the fixing bolts. The Fiamma just about clears the raised bead. It is fitted with 3 mounting brackets with the first one just rear of the habitation door with the mounting covered inside with a plastic cover. Hope this is of some help.
David
davemarshall
davemarshall

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughandennis Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 pm

Many thanks David,
That’s a great help, were the brackets supplied standard with the canopy and are there two bolts to each mounting bracket, 
one above the other or side to side, if you know what I mean?
Your advice much appreciated!
Best regards
Dennis
Vaughandennis
Vaughandennis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by davemarshall Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying but we are having building work done and th MH is on a neighbours drive. The 2 bolts in the 3 brackets are horizontally fitted (side to side), 1 pair is above the hab door, 1 set in the 2nd locker from the hab door and the 3rd is in the last locker. The awning was already fitted when we bought the MH.
Regards
David
davemarshall
davemarshall

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughandennis Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Really helpful, many thanks for your time Dave!
Hope your building work is progressing well and we all soon get back to normality with Motorhome holidays?
Best regards
Dennis
Vaughandennis
Vaughandennis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Billogs Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi
I'm a little late here but had a major problem  with my 09 Nuevo ES canopy last year.  Thanks again Boaby.  Whilst trying to sort it I had a lot of help from Neil at motorcaravanning.co.uk. He was very knowledgeable. 
Whilst searching I found a lot of adaptors and brackets through their site so they are worth a try if you're not already sorted. 
think_smiley_46
The Billogs
The Billogs

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo SE
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:39 pm

The Billogs wrote:Hi
I'm a little late here but had a major problem  with my 09 Nuevo ES canopy last year.  Thanks again Boaby.  Whilst trying to sort it I had a lot of help from Neil at motorcaravanning.co.uk. He was very knowledgeable. 
Whilst searching I found a lot of adaptors and brackets through their site so they are worth a try if you're not already sorted. 
think_smiley_46
Hi Billogs
How's the awning holding up, not popping out allthumbz.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughandennis Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:22 am

Cheers Billogs
Very useful info about Neil at Motorcaravanning .co.uk, will certainly Perdue!
VDennis
Vaughandennis
Vaughandennis

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:16 am

If you fit yourself, a little tip that was given to me when i fitted one and the bike rack to the Autotrail was to get some small bore copper pipe or stainless pipe that just went over the fixing bolts, when you drill the hole to secure the brackets insert the pipe into holes for the fixing bolts in the wall and cut flush, when you then tighten the fixings you don’t squash the van wall

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:If you fit yourself, a little tip that was given to me when i fitted one and the bike rack to the Autotrail was to get some small bore copper pipe or stainless pipe that just went over the fixing bolts, when you drill the hole to secure the brackets insert the pipe into holes for the fixing bolts in the wall and cut flush, when you then tighten the fixings you don’t squash the van wall
Good tip Chris.   up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaughandennis Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Very useful tip for everyone!
Many thanks!
Vaughandennis
Vaughandennis

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down