The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rental option

+6
groundhog
matchlessman
Tinwheeler
breakaleg
Loopian
steamdrivenandy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The rental option - Page 2 Empty Re: The rental option

Post by gassygassy Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:29 pm

Hmm well there are vans for sale but as you say they don't fit your criteria, and that is important. You don't want to spend loadsa drinking vouchers only to find you don't like it. And you do have a big advantage of experience and knowing what you want.
Just wait - a month after we are allowed out, you might find that someone bought one and doesn't like it so are selling. I think there will be a lot for sale in the months after freedom.
If you have the dosh and find one you like, just remember that one day you will find you can no longer drive. Then the day will come, as my dad surprised me one day by saying "You have the money, I can't spend it". Thanks, dad allthumbz - but he was right . He was living with us / we were caring for him and he couldn't spend any money. Then the day will come when you can't take it with you. To me, that legitimises just having a piece of machinery on the drive that was superbly well made (in 2008) that I can enjoy just sitting in it and modifying bits of trivia.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2